Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:15 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Discussion
nine eagles bravo sx....any good?

hey guys. i would like to know if anyone has any experience with the bravo sx? is it a nice little heli or should i stay away from it?
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 08:19 PM
Joined May 2006
101 Posts
I want to know some feedback too as I am also interested on this heli, I want to know if this is a good next step from MCX2. From the videos I saw from YouTube, this heli performs almost as stable like a co-ax (I hope it's true).
Dimension7 is offline Find More Posts by Dimension7
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:14 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimension7 View Post
I want to know some feedback too as I am also interested on this heli, I want to know if this is a good next step from MCX2. From the videos I saw from YouTube, this heli performs almost as stable like a co-ax (I hope it's true).
How could something that's almost as stable as a coax be a good next step up from a coax? You must want to spend a lot on very tiny steps.

Whatever... yes, it is almost as stable as a coax and it's not a bad heli for the money.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:57 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
hey guys. i would like to know if anyone has any experience with the bravo sx? is it a nice little heli or should i stay away from it?
It's a good heli and it looks fantastic in the air. It's very stable and will hover on its own when well-trimmed, but it's not a coax. Don't expect it to fly like one.

I would advise to check out the Solo Pro II/Bravo SX technical FAQ thread in this forum to see all the details about it. There's also a separate general Bravo SX thread.
V-Man is offline Find More Posts by V-Man
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: YouTube Channel - CallSignVMan
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:02 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,055 Posts
The SX is a very capable heli. Looking good, and responds very well to control inputs. In the FAQ thread V-man refers to you can find a flight vid of it, looking on youtube will give you even more ideas what to expect.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:18 AM
Joined May 2006
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
How could something that's almost as stable as a coax be a good next step up from a coax? You must want to spend a lot on very tiny steps.

Whatever... yes, it is almost as stable as a coax and it's not a bad heli for the money.
Yes, I'm taking baby steps as I don't want to frustrate myself, I just enjoy every single flight I made.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:18 AM
Lower Alabama
Joined Jan 2007
73 Posts
Quote:
I have one and love it. The best price I found for the heli was from Advantage Hobby when you become a member. I did break a part on the main shaft, but since you can order replacement parts, I have a main shaft coming in the mail. After watching a video on this site, I may be able to repair the old shaft and keep it for a spare.
LAdude is offline Find More Posts by LAdude
Last edited by LAdude; Feb 22, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:08 AM
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Essen
Joined Feb 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
The Bravo SX is the right step by coaxial helicopter to a single rotor helicopter.
The price performance ratio is very good.
OxigenO2 is offline Find More Posts by OxigenO2
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:43 AM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post

Not everyone wants to go right to 6 channel you know. I have a MiniCP that is my first 6 channel heli, but I still LOVE my 9958's and v911, and SP 328a.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Feb 22, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
23 Posts
I've got one and love it. Like yourself, I'm pretty new, and compared to a coaxil it moves quick, but it's manageable. Also looks awesome flying around.
Tail Rotor is a little noisy, but based on the Bravo SX I've been impressed with Nine Eagles. I'm even considering getting another one when the blue one comes to the U.S.
I got mine (White one) from Tower Hobbies for $59.
crisp306 is offline Find More Posts by crisp306
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
okay thanks guys. i guess this will be the heli to get then!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined May 2006
101 Posts
Oh my...
'Just saw this on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-k-KaqWEI
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:25 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,055 Posts
There's a saying "can't please them all..." right? This is not the way an average Bravo SX owner thinks about this heli. Much depends on the first time experience, I actually returned my first Solo Pro for instance, because I hated the way I had to compensate rudder turns with elevator, with the heli constantly either sliding forward or backward on rudder action.

Also motor quality seems to be under a lot of pressure these days. On the Bravo SX, but also on more expensive products like the mSR X. If you get one with this issue, I'm sure you won't be happy.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimension7 View Post
Oh my...
'Just saw this on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-k-KaqWEI
what a waste of $60....just crumpling it up like that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
oh and when the bravo sx hits lvc, what kind of warning sign does it give you?
RCG Plus Member