HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jun 24, 2010, 08:21 PM
Joined Jul 2009
313 Posts
Discussion
Bee2 questions

I just got a bee2 in, I'm not really clear on which spars to use, I got the predator upgrade, and have two smaller spars and one big one.

Also the supplied balsa stock for the ailerons is about one inch short??? I thought the elevons were supposed to run the whole length of the wing.

There is also a carbon tube supplied, no mention in the instructions on where it goes.
mitsudriver274 is offline Find More Posts by mitsudriver274
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:31 PM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,831 Posts
The bigger ribbon needs to be split down the middle. It's in the instructions. One half goes on top and the other on the bottom. The smaller ribbons are the standard ones. Save those for repairs. The tube is supplied with some kits, not all from Windrider. It can be used as a spar as well or just left out. It really isn't needed with the ribbon spars. There's a hole already there to install it.

The elevons should be shorter than the wing. You need a place to hold on for hard throws and the elevons wouldn't be much more than drag at the root of the wing anyway.

Andrew
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:46 PM
Joined Jul 2009
313 Posts
Thank you!! Fast shipping too
Old Jun 25, 2010, 02:19 AM
Joined Jul 2009
313 Posts
So I figured all of my old problems out, now I think I may have messed up a little. I did not iron my strapping tape on before gooping the plane, can I still do this or will I end up taking all the goop off and make more of a mess?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:07 AM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,831 Posts
You can do strapping tape over goop. the tape supplied with the kit sticks very well to raw foam or gooped foam. If you are doing NS, just do minimal tape.

Andrew
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:45 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,219 Posts
And for whatever it's worth the 3" wide strapping tape does not need to be ironed at all.
It sticks just fine laying it down carefully and rubbing it smooth.
After the tape is down, you should clean the back (I sand lightly and rub clean
with Acetone), and then apply some thinned Goop over it, before covering,
because the release agent on the back of this tape is as slippery as the adhesive is sticky.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread