New Products Flash Sale

Rabid Models

With a lineup of profile twins, Rabid Models has some beautiful birds available for indoor flying.

Splash

Slowflyers and parkflyers for the indoor season

Rabid Models, makers of beautiful profile slowflyers and parkflyers, has some impressive warbirds that are perfect for large indoor venues and parks (when the weather is warmer). Rabid Models uses Blue-Cor foam for affordability and durability. The models lie somewhere between a kit and an ARF; they require building, painting, and some model building experience. As stated on their website: "Although they are not designed for a person who has absolutely no modeling experience, they are really not particularly difficult to build and have a minimum number of parts."

Rabid Models sells everything from bare kits, recommended power setups, foam safe CA, and additional hardware needed to get your foamy ready to fly. Check out their Coming Soon section for more awesome scale profile planes.

Below is just a sampling of what they have to offer.

Link to Rabid Models website

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Dec 03, 2013 at 09:30 AM..
Old Dec 09, 2013, 11:18 PM
Find More Posts by Conehead
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,382 Posts
I have watched many of these fly at the Horizon Indoor Electric Festival over the years. Mark and his buddies have done a nice job of design and all seem to fly fine.

I don't own any, because I am a crappy builder. I must say this is one way to have some interesting airframes for not mega bucks.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
Old May 02, 2014, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by themudduck
Joined Oct 2006
416 Posts
I hadn't seen this thread until now, you should have let me know! I really appreciate the nice write-up.

Our models are relatively inexpensive and very easy to build, they are simple profile models that are designed with an airfoil (instead of flat wings). They're made of BluCore foam, which is easy to bend (we have an easy method to make the airfoil). The planes don't have a lot of parts and it usually takes longer to install the radio gear than it does to build the airframe. Of course how much time you spend making it look nice is up to you, but that's not too hard either.

Marc Stermer (Rabid Models)
Click here to go to the Rabid Models Website
My email: sales@rabidmodels.com
themudduck is offline Find More Posts by themudduck
Old Dec 04, 2015, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
2,134 Posts
May have to start some digging, I picked up a 28" P-38 kit at a swap meet, may need a place to download the manual, then I'll check in my motor bin, see what I have floating around to make it go.

So subscribed and Hi Mark.
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool