HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:52 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,833 Posts
Thanks for taking time to boost my spirits. Good news, can get out to go home this FRI afternoon. And not a minute too soon, as far as I'm concerened. Still need more rehab, but can do it from home. Still want to build the Scorpion, like Hoover or die, did. My time line might need to be longer, but am looking forward to it. PLenty of time now, and soon a few extra bucks from tax rebate.

Looking at the Jetfan 90,Het 700-68-1680Kv on 8S, Nano's I think? Have a nice set of rhom-air retracts, that should be perfect . Will cut some cores for wing and stabs, and verticle stabs. Enough for now, this hospital computer is very old and damn slow!!!

Can't wait to get back to my "man cave" where the internet is fast , and all my "stuff" is handy. I think a building project is just what the Dr. ordered!
Thanks again, Mark
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:57 PM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,653 Posts
Hang in there..I wish you a speedy recovery

Andy
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:23 AM
TeamSiam
Graz
Joined May 2007
343 Posts
Good news!

Hi Stuart,
That are good news! Our best wishes from good old Europe.

Rainer, Enrico and Gernot!
EJETS-II is offline Find More Posts by EJETS-II
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:22 AM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJETS-II View Post
Hi Stuart,
That are good news! Our best wishes from good old Europe.

Rainer, Enrico and Gernot!
Him Mark,me Stuart,pleased to meet you.
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:25 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,149 Posts
OH No ! i just found this ......man sorry too hear of the stroke ...hope your packed up ready to get home my thoughts and prayers are with you ....better late than never .get back to building as soon as you can ,might be the best theropy for you.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:12 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,833 Posts
Thanks guys, makes the time go by a little faster. 22 hrs left and am out of here.
After being in and out of here since the 18th of last DEC. it's time to go home a start a new project. It will be awhile till I can get back to the F-86F, but as mentioned a foamy is in the planning stage. Something relativly simple , but stylish I have built in my head, since I have been in here. Will elaborate on it this weekend. Should be a fun project.

Thanks again for your support, it really has helped me out . Mark
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:46 PM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2009
1,274 Posts
Get over this and get cracking.
p901P901 is online now Find More Posts by p901P901
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:12 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p901P901 View Post
Get over this and get cracking.
Thanks for the encouragment, and yes I have a new project in mind. Maybe a little grandious to start something like this right off, but you don't know till you try! Hoover or die did this one, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473787
Scratch-Built Mini Scorpion 60"L X 44. I got most of the plans and dimentions worked out b-4 I had my stroke. A foamy might be a little more forgiving during the build-I hope! I need something for my jetfan 90. Not sure on power yet, was thinking on the Het 700-68-1680 on 8S , although I could go 1200Kv on 12S? More power for a grass field! Any way thats the plan for now. I don't want it to be too easy. I have to push myself. I modified the dimentions to WS 52" Lenght 60" Weight est 9-10lb.

Thanks again for all your support while I was in the hospital. It made the time more bareable.
Mark.

I believe this thread has served it's purpose. As said, thanks again to all . Time to get busy on the next build.
Last edited by CoolerByTheLake; Jan 19, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
Closed Thread