SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:42 AM
Australia, VIC, Shepparton
Joined Jun 2011
315 Posts
good things come to those who wait LOL or so i was told by my mother somethings must be bloodie good because im still waiting after 30 years LOL
jeffhines2673 is offline Find More Posts by jeffhines2673
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:50 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhines2673 View Post
good things come to those who wait LOL or so i was told by my mother somethings must be bloodie good because im still waiting after 30 years LOL
Depends what your waiting for lol.

The 40-Year-Old Virgin - Trailer (2 min 25 sec)
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:51 AM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,899 Posts
Incredible movie. -----Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,899 Posts
ANy news? I keep checking the "new items" feature on HK site!------Metalguy
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:56 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy View Post
ANy news? I keep checking the "new items" feature on HK site!------Metalguy
You and me both and no doubt countless other people keep checking the new items page too.

The wait will be well worth Metalguy,it's got to be soon mate.

I've just seen a post over on the ''whats the best Durafly model'' thread and Stuart from HK said you should add the MK24 Spitfire to that list in a month or two,i'm not sure but i thought i read that the Spitty would be out before the Sea Vixen,so it looks like it could be a while yet unless i've miss read that post completely wrong. ;-(

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1731441&page=2
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Last edited by startazz; Sep 22, 2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Just added the last paragraph.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:34 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
You and me both and no doubt countless other people keep checking the new items page too.

The wait will be well worth Metalguy,it's got to be soon mate.

I've just seen a post over on the ''whats the best Durafly model'' thread and Stuart from HK said you should add the MK24 Spitfire to that list in a month or two,i'm not sure but i thought i read that the Spitty would be out before the Sea Vixen,so it looks like it could be a while yet unless i've miss read that post completely wrong. ;-(

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1731441&page=2
As an ex-pat living in Las Vegas and a "Geordie" to boot, I find myself strangely drawn to the Sea Vixen. I have been checking my HK link everytime I log on to my lap top. It is almsot an addiction.

I have the Zephyr and the T-45 and the Stinger etc.... but a Sea Vixen seems to be calling me like a Greek Serene.

Evl-1.....
Eric Henderson is offline Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mental hang-nails
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:55 AM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,899 Posts
I figured I would tell SCott I am NOT complaining, just am super interested in this one. It will look nice next to my Vampire. Should have a great presence in the air, too. Just a cool plane.-------Metalguy
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Mar 2006
494 Posts
Wow, this is spectacular!
The other day I first saw a picture of it on an aviation forum and thought, "this would be a nice one to have as an RC model..." And now I stumbled on this thread! (must have missed the HK daily about it...)
Scott, this is so awesome! Will it be available in the Europe warehouse on introduction as well, or will that take another few months?

It does need a pilot!!! Is there one we can use that is currently available in the HK stock? In the recent past I bought one on good luck to go with the Durafly T28, but it turned out to be just a tad too small. (The T45 frontseat pilot) as it is difficult to judge the sizes given on the product page, and how that scales to a correct scale.
But I had one in my inventory that fitted the bill just perfect! See here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post22715523

Anyway, great work on the Seavixen!!!

cheers,
martin
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:10 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Henderson View Post
As an ex-pat living in Las Vegas and a "Geordie" to boot, I find myself strangely drawn to the Sea Vixen. I have been checking my HK link everytime I log on to my lap top. It is almsot an addiction.

I have the Zephyr and the T-45 and the Stinger etc.... but a Sea Vixen seems to be calling me like a Greek Serene.
Evl-1.....
Y aye ur bugger and it is an addiction for me and one i don't want to lose,as you can see my Geordie isn't up to much at all but you get what i'm trying to say Eric.

I've just got back from flying my Durafly Vampire with my own set up (10 bladed fan unit and a 2200kv motor) and man i can't get enough of that plane,from what Scott has said in the video about the Sea Vixen handling like the Vampire,i'd be more than happy with that fact as she flies like she is on rails an talk about floating coming into land,it just goes on and on.

I also had the Durafly SE5a and the old AXN floater with me but by the time i'd finished flying the AXN the skies opened up with rain and that called the flight with the SE5a off,still not to worry i had loads of fun flying the Vampire and the old AXN about that i wasn't to bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguy View Post
I figured I would tell SCott I am NOT complaining, just am super interested in this one. It will look nice next to my Vampire. Should have a great presence in the air, too. Just a cool plane.-------Metalguy
I didn't think you were complaining mate as i was just trying to say that there must be loads of us waiting on it thats all,we all know what it's like waiting on the new planes to come out.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:42 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,899 Posts
Yep, just wanted to clarify - I have many planes to fly, but this...I'm like a kid on Christmas eve! I can wait, just don't want to. ----Metalguy
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:56 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,281 Posts
Quote:

Evl-1.....

Coom by man...What yea taakin aboot...patents were Geordies...Lived in little village called Belsay...used to watch the Army trucks pass by from Otterburn when i was a boy.
agedflier is offline Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:42 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Sea Vixen will end up at all warehouses but eventually as normal.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:55 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
Coom by man...What yea taakin aboot...patents were Geordies...Lived in little village called Belsay...used to watch the Army trucks pass by from Otterburn when i was a boy.
1948, Lynemouth, Northumberland--near Ashington. Raised on a pit-matic dictionary. Once in a while I say "Hey marra giv it a hoy!" and they all just look at me. Then I update my universal translator, and say "Please hand lauch my airplane" and they all start moving again.
:-)

I was next to RAF Acklington for 18 years and spent all my summers at my grannie's farmworker cottage in Lincoln, right at the end of the RAF Scampton airbase runway. Venoms, Vampires and Vulcans. Once saw a NATO demo scramble of six Valiants, Victors and Vulcans. Grandma was upset when the 18 aiplanes in quick succession sent soot tumbling down her old open farmhouse type chimney as she tried to cook. Had to get the chickens out of the trees as well! Of course, they stopped laying for days. It got worse when the RAF started to practice low-level flying to avoid detection and the SAMs...........

RAF Scampton was the Dam Busters Lancaster bomber home base and the last I heard it was home to the Red Arrows. Sir Guy Gibson's faithfull dog has a grave there. Got temporarily arrested by the RAF MP's when I was 11 years old I think, for walking on the peri-track and taking pictures with my Brownie 127. They gave me a cup of tea and Mcvities biscuits, then sent me on my way with no film left in my camera. The white Vulcans of the day had some big--ass missile hanging underneath--Blue steel or streak, I think..?

Sorry aboot the geriatric ramble, but waiting for the Sea Vixen is killing me. Need a broon ale quick! My late sister lived in Belligham and I visited Belsay once but it was closed !!!! The Romans didn't stay long either ;-)

Evl-1.
Eric Henderson is offline Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mental hang-nails
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:41 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
2,011 Posts
"Hey marra giv it a hoy!"

LOL! Is this the same slang as that bit with Austin Powers and his dad, or do they vary? I'll just die if you guys tell me you understood them in the movie without the subtitles!

Anyways, don't apologize for sharing your past. I love hearing these stories. A great way to pass the time while we wait for the Vixen's release.
xmech2k is offline Find More Posts by xmech2k
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:55 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Quote:
1948, Lynemouth, Northumberland--near Ashington. Raised on a pit-matic dictionary. Once in a while I say "Hey marra giv it a hoy!" and they all just look at me. Then I update my universal translator, and say "Please hand lauch my airplane" and they all start moving again.
:-)

I was next to RAF Acklington for 18 years and spent all my summers at my grannie's farmworker cottage in Lincoln, right at the end of the RAF Scampton airbase runway. Venoms, Vampires and Vulcans. Once saw a NATO demo scramble of six Valiants, Victors and Vulcans. Grandma was upset when the 18 aiplanes in quick succession sent soot tumbling down her old open farmhouse type chimney as she tried to cook. Had to get the chickens out of the trees as well! Of course, they stopped laying for days. It got worse when the RAF started to practice low-level flying to avoid detection and the SAMs...........

RAF Scampton was the Dam Busters Lancaster bomber home base and the last I heard it was home to the Red Arrows. Sir Guy Gibson's faithfull dog has a grave there. Got temporarily arrested by the RAF MP's when I was 11 years old I think, for walking on the peri-track and taking pictures with my Brownie 127. They gave me a cup of tea and Mcvities biscuits, then sent me on my way with no film left in my camera. The white Vulcans of the day had some big--ass missile hanging underneath--Blue steel or streak, I think..?

Sorry aboot the geriatric ramble, but waiting for the Sea Vixen is killing me. Need a broon ale quick! My late sister lived in Belligham and I visited Belsay once but it was closed !!!! The Romans didn't stay long either ;-)

Evl-1.
Love it.....and it was Blue Steel.....Northumberland....just up the road from the very spot I am sat right now!
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Closed Thread