HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2010, 11:01 AM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Discussion
Sky Surfer

Well pete got me again with an awesome video. The sky surfer looks to be just what I need to get my son into rc planes. I ordered one on the 2nd and for the heck of it got on live chat to find out when it would be shipped. Nice person on live chat told me it would ship in the morning awesome!!! Unfortunately I just rec. an email saying the model was not in stock I ordered the upgraded brushless one. They canceled my order and refunded my money.

My question is has anyone actually flown this plane and how was it?? I can wait a few weeks for the plane to restock as it is to cold for me to fly any how.
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
Last edited by wow1; Feb 06, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2010, 06:44 PM
West Texas
Joined Jan 2010
15 Posts
I'd recommend going with a Hobbyzone product like the Firebird Commander. I've flown this one along with the Super Cub and they are great beginner planes.

You seem to have already had one marginal experience with BH. No need to risk it a second time.
AirTransRanger is offline Find More Posts by AirTransRanger
Last edited by AirTransRanger; Feb 17, 2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2010, 07:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2009
36 Posts
the hobbyzone super cub is in my opinion the easiest plane to learn to fly with....super stable, slow flying, and very durable.....and parts for it are everywhere... and after getting use to it, can do some mild arobatics....
lsu tigers is offline Find More Posts by lsu tigers
Old Feb 06, 2010, 10:57 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
I think perhaps it was more of a case of poor communication. Actually this will be my second purchase from banana hobby my first was the raptor f22 which is so nice I'm afraid to fly it or crash it. The problem I have with buying elsewhere is nobody seems to offer the same planes with the same features and pete makes one hell of a video!!!! 139 bucks for this thing is a good price. Also as I stated on my other post it was not that long ago I put nearly 500 into a wingo!! So while there is no doubt they have management issues to iron out I just cannot seem to resist the product they offer.Really just wanted to know if anyone had flown this thing besides pete because I'm pretty sure he could fly a concrete block with the right engine on it!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 03:18 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
My sons new plane,Sky Surfer Brushless has shipped and will be here on the 16th for those interested I'll keep you posted.This will be my second order and nothing negative to report at this point. Also looking at buying Cesna Sky wagon W/floats anyone have this plane????
Old Feb 12, 2010, 03:45 PM
Joined Jan 2010
163 Posts
"jolly roger diabl q"

just came in today.....looks like it will be fun to fly
lars36 is offline Find More Posts by lars36
Old Feb 12, 2010, 03:45 PM
Joined Jan 2010
163 Posts
also have the "wild hawk" ready to go
Old Feb 12, 2010, 06:40 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
sky surfer will be my next plane. after I got a jet and managed to fly it I think it's time to leave my enthusiasm behind and buy sometthing slower so that I could practice my skills better.

this will be my next plane brushless. the problem is that I will have two radios since I already got the 6 channel with the 8 chnnel receiver that came with my F-22
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Feb 13, 2010, 03:13 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Pavcon, I wouldn't worry about having another radio this stuff fails from time to time. Nice to have a radio set up for each plane in my opinion.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 03:15 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Lar36, Have you put your sky surfer together yet??? I may be a little more excited about this plane than my son is!!!! I may have to order another.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:37 PM
Joined Jan 2010
163 Posts
it's together

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow1 View Post
Lar36, Have you put your sky surfer together yet??? I may be a little more excited about this plane than my son is!!!! I may have to order another.
i'm joining a club so i'll have a place to fly
Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:43 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Sky Surfer arrived today took a picture of it everything appears to be intact and accounted for. Both of my orders were delivered ups within about two weeks. Looks to be allot of plane for the money I'll post picture as soon as I figure out how!!!!
Last edited by wow1; Feb 17, 2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:55 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
videooooo videoooooo we want videooooo clip :P
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:42 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Should I box it back up and make a video lol. Maybe I will make a video this weekend should be entertaining my son thinks its silly so now I have to.
Last edited by wow1; Feb 17, 2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:48 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
So anyway with a little help from some friends here are the pictures of the Sky Surfer and my son Thanks Mark.