Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:40 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
It is the same thing.
Good. I'll save my money then. One thing about the Ronseal DiamondHard varnish (and presumably other WBPU varnishes) is that it tends to glue the lid onto the tin. I transferred mine to a glass jar with a screw on top, and I make sure I wipe the rim before I put the lid back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiddad View Post
I have read a number of posts in this forum trying to determine the CG location on the HK Pitts Special (sttiP).
This is what the manual shows. I suspect mine is slightly tail heavy with a 1300mAh 3s 20C Loong Max in the front compartment, and the ESC in the rear compartment.

I guess if you're nervous about it, add some nose weight to get it to the 1/2" forward of the bolt position, then reduce it after you've flown it a bit. Do change the prop before you fly though. It's a struggle to fly with the stock prop. I find a 10x7 much better. Others prefer a 10x8 but I haven't tried that. A 10x7 will give a longer flight time than a 10x8, but a bit less performance.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2011, 04:33 AM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,381 Posts
Just saw this on my YouTube feed. I am very intrigued too bad the supplier is BH. I still might have to get one if it is really 3D capable.

Pitts RC 3D Biplane SNEAK PEAK! In HD! (3 min 20 sec)
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Oct 02, 2011, 05:00 AM
addicted to helis
Australia, ACT
Joined Feb 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
Just saw this on my YouTube feed. I am very intrigued too bad the supplier is BH. I still might have to get one if it is really 3D capable.

http://youtu.be/FDNCnvdyPiA
wow ~~! ...... just have to have one of those ! ........
addicted to heli is offline Find More Posts by addicted to heli
Old Oct 02, 2011, 06:48 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Årstad
Joined May 2009
1,185 Posts
Wow indeed !

Quote:

------------

That is just like a scaled up version of the sttip !!!! Gotta love it !
I have no space for it, but I'm guessing this will be sold for years and years, and YES sooner or later this will be in my hangar !!!
Cubber1 is offline Find More Posts by Cubber1
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:17 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Judging from the video, there doesn't seem to be any doubt about IT'S capabilities! Man! - that thing is HUGE! And just like the sttiP, it floats when power is down.

Yeah.... this could be fun. Hopefully by the time they get it, BH will have had an epiphany and discovered how REAL customer service enhances their standing with the R/C world.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Oct 02, 2011, 01:38 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,811 Posts
I wonder what size lipo a thing like that needs, and how much it would cost to buy half a dozen, which is my usual number to take flying. It's just curiosity though. I've got nowhere to keep something that size.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 02:02 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
Good. I'll save my money then. One thing about the Ronseal DiamondHard varnish (and presumably other WBPU varnishes) is that it tends to glue the lid onto the tin. I transferred mine to a glass jar with a screw on top, and I make sure I wipe the rim before I put the lid back on.

This is what the manual shows. I suspect mine is slightly tail heavy with a 1300mAh 3s 20C Loong Max in the front compartment, and the ESC in the rear compartment.

I guess if you're nervous about it, add some nose weight to get it to the 1/2" forward of the bolt position, then reduce it after you've flown it a bit. Do change the prop before you fly though. It's a struggle to fly with the stock prop. I find a 10x7 much better. Others prefer a 10x8 but I haven't tried that. A 10x7 will give a longer flight time than a 10x8, but a bit less performance.
If you are just looking to seal the decals Pledge pure acrylic floor shine works great. It is water based. Apply with a foam brush. To remove you can use a solution of ammonia. Train guys have been using it for years. I use it to put a gloss on flat or dull paint jobs.

Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2011, 02:21 PM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,811 Posts
Cool. I'll look out for that. I think we still get Pledge products in the UK. I'm not very domesticated so I don't normally buy that sort of thing, but I'll look next time I go shopping.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 02:33 PM
Monahans TX
Joined Sep 2010
1,925 Posts
It's a model 12 Pitts, totally redesigned from the old S2 we call the sttiP with new wings, tail feathers, and an M14P radial putting out between 360-450HP.
"The Beast" is a popular M12 Pitts...
Runs on 3300 6S lipos, looks like it's a foamie, and best of all it's a 63" wingspan qualifying it as a giant scale biplane

WestTexasKing is offline Find More Posts by WestTexasKing
Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:50 PM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasKing View Post
It's a model 12 Pitts, totally redesigned from the old S2 we call the sttiP with new wings, tail feathers, and an M14P radial putting out between 360-450HP.
"The Beast" is a popular M12 Pitts...
Runs on 3300 6S lipos, looks like it's a foamie, and best of all it's a 63" wingspan qualifying it as a giant scale biplane
Thanks for the info! I do not mean to say the plane is not 3D capable but BH does like to say one thing and the plane really does not stand up to it. Pete is an excellent pilot and makes almost all of their planes look amazing but in reality they are not. That is why I said what I said. Until a member of the public gets a hold of one and tells us different I am going to be skeptical (even though I just want to buy it right now!!!).

Someone already started a thread on this new Bipe and yes Pete has responded! Here is a link to the new thread if anyone is interested.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1515154
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Last edited by AZAerobat; Oct 02, 2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 06:41 PM
Cedar Rapids, IA
Joined Jul 2010
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post

Andy...

The aircraft in this picture is the ART-TECH Pitts. It very close to the HK Pitts Special (Blue and White checkered pattern on the under wings). Is the CG at the same position for both models. There are subtle differences between them that might change the CG.

I have a new 10x8 SF paddle prop that I plan to use.
saiddad is offline Find More Posts by saiddad
Old Oct 02, 2011, 06:58 PM
Boynton Beach, FL
Joined Jul 2005
402 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9akO8YJU-c
gotime242 is offline Find More Posts by gotime242
Old Oct 02, 2011, 08:35 PM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,833 Posts
Saiddad.....

The Art Tech Pitts and the HK AT Pitts are the exact same plane. Other than the decals, there are zero differences - zero. Note that HK identifies it as the AT Pitts, and that is because it IS the Art Tech.

ANY information or detail derived from the Art Tech manual is directly applicable to the HK. Including CG location.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:44 PM
Cedar Rapids, IA
Joined Jul 2010
5 Posts
Thanks for the clarification.

Saiddad
saiddad is offline Find More Posts by saiddad
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:42 PM
Weni, wedi, Java...
Casper, Wyoming
Joined Nov 2009
1,100 Posts
Has anyone tried one of these on the ailerons ??

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...2%5F3gram.html

Sometimes I seem to get a bit of torque roll if I'm too clumsy with the throttle...
Brent Slensker is offline Find More Posts by Brent Slensker