Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by Edhs
the seventh planet
Joined Dec 2010
824 Posts
Discussion
Kst x08 ?

Ive just purchased five of these for a hotliner and wonder if anyone else has used them in such that wants to give a review?

Numbers look great and several DLG reviews look good as well but I plan on going a "little" faster than a DLG LOL.
Edhs is online now Find More Posts by Edhs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:45 PM
Find More Posts by KRProton
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
4,589 Posts
Bruce deChastel (BBR Racing, Australia) recommended them when I inquired with him.

I put a set on the ailerons in one of my Avioniks last year and they are fine. At the time, I didn't know better and apparently bought the V2s, where the latest is the V3. I have probably about 100 flights on the plane now and no problems.

I bought four more for the ailerons on my Dominators.

Edit: Oh yea, I just read Steve's post and I forgot to mention I'm running 2S LiFe unregulated.

Tim
KRProton is online now Find More Posts by KRProton
Last edited by KRProton; Jan 27, 2016 at 01:47 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:55 PM
Find More Posts by steveburns
Chipping Norton, UK
Joined Jan 2005
860 Posts
Not got too many flights on them yet but got them fitted to two Avioniks, B12 & B14 on flaps and ailerons. Running on direct 2s lipo and loads better than the Hitec 7115 so far.

Steve
steveburns is offline Find More Posts by steveburns
Old Jan 28, 2016, 05:35 AM
Find More Posts by dickw
Grow old disgracefully!
Luton, UK
Joined May 2006
1,491 Posts
Was using them in my Speedfire 2 in F5B competitions all last year running direct on 2s Lipo.
All good, so I ordered a new Speedfire with the same servos for this year.

Dick
dickw is offline Find More Posts by dickw
Old Jan 28, 2016, 08:31 AM
Find More Posts by Edhs
the seventh planet
Joined Dec 2010
824 Posts
Thanks guys!

Nice to have such instant reviews!

Mine should be here in a couple days!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by Lenny970
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
3,350 Posts
Ed,

I'd suggest running them on the bench for a while before installing to make sure all is good.
There have been some issues with these. Check the Handlaunch forum.

Good luck,
Lenny
Lenny970 is offline Find More Posts by Lenny970
Old Jan 28, 2016, 03:47 PM
Find More Posts by Dbox
One Idiot is plenty...
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jun 2005
5,915 Posts
To save Your time Ed from reading that Handlaunch tread,I can tell You one thing You have to do before You install them. Put a drop of thick CA between servo's motor and case.
Motor is not secured well enough and tend to move out of the case after some period of working time and gears get disengaged.
Otherwise its a good servos for less then 8mm servo spaces.
Yuri
PS. Usually ,I use servos in my planes as big as clearance in the wing /fuse allowed.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox
Old Feb 02, 2016, 09:57 AM
Find More Posts by Edhs
the seventh planet
Joined Dec 2010
824 Posts
These little Jewels of machined aluminum arrived at my place yesterday. They are beautiful and I took the time to run one quickly and it seemed quite solid despite there minuscule size! Still despite my confidence in there reviews by several respected individuals in this thread Im leery of installing them. All the info:

Im going to be using these in a hotliner and plan on using them in all five locations. This is a 57" piece of art that Yuri (Dbox) above made called the X-Plus.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2430615

I have been flying HS-65's in an Enigma for years and they have stood up to the abuse and never given me a hint of lag or felt like they were being pushed. They have very similar numbers to the X-08's so that is promising. The Hyperion 09's have a good reputation but there have been some failures and the numbers of these again are right in line.
The KST-245 has been used in this application and in my opinion this is just a revamped case of that servo as the specs are near spot on in many aspects.

With all these things to consider its hard not to like them for the job.

OH AND THEY LOOK FABULOUS WITH THE PAINT YURI!!!
LOL
Old Feb 02, 2016, 03:23 PM
Find More Posts by Mreyello
Deutschland, RP, Niederzissen
Joined Dec 2011
981 Posts
I used the x08 in one of my Flipper for one year and about 25 flights.

Actually i have been desperately waiting for stuff like that for years as i prefere to fit my wingservos inmould.

I used the Vigors (i selcted the best 4 out of 10...) with success but i never had real confidence although i never had a failior...

But they arent available anymore so there was still only the D47 to fit my wings.
They work fine for ailerons but they are knifes edge...and definitly too weak for flaps.

I was thinking about KST 56 but they seem to have had some serious issues, at least the early ones.

So i jumped at the x08 which also (like the D47) give the option of 2S lipo use without regulator.

I still have to grind down the housing but i actually can locate my servobays further outwards to have the linkage closer to aileron center.

I use them wit 2S 150mAh Lipo direct and Spectrum.

I struggle to copy pictures from the german x08 pylon thread at the company laptop but i can offer the link;

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...s-f%C3%BCr-F5d

You can use translator or ask..

sumerized the german thread....some frontrunning f5d guys did try and still use them and confirmed that they are up the task......
Some reported about small slope and little less accuracy compared to the Mks56 (new spec) but none complained about failiors or reliability problems.

I can confirm Yuris recommandation about the drop of CA to secure the motorposition.......
I had that problem once while testing but i thougt it was about the grinded down housing.

Its amaizing how this little beast perform in my application directly glued to upper and lower shell aswell as to main and flap spar.....
I managed to get an almost hidden rocksolid linkage with pretty small horns.
Much much more solid than D47 and Vigor and definitly faster and stronger.

Yuri might be right, if there is space to use larger ones you have more options..

I ordered the next set X08 for the wing i recently painted...

Ah, i forgot, i run the x08 at aileron, at elevetor i run Kst DS 245S HV as they seem to be a bit faster

Regards

Yello
Mreyello is offline Find More Posts by Mreyello
Last edited by Mreyello; Feb 02, 2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2016, 11:02 PM
Find More Posts by Edhs
the seventh planet
Joined Dec 2010
824 Posts
Have installed two of these so far in a X-Plus. Very impressed how solid they feel for 8g servos and there is ZERO slop.