HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Turnigy Mobius 2-Axis Gimbal

Finally a gimbal for the Mobius Camera

Splash

Stabilize Your Mobius Footage

Finally there is a Mobius camera gimbal, the Turnigy Mobius 2-Axis Gimbal. This compact gimbal design allows you to mount your Mobius camera to it and will provide roll and tilt stabilization. It's a great way to take your footage to the next level. It uses custom wound AX 2206 brushless motors and the Tarot 2 axis BGC board to control it all. The frame size is 76x67x100mm and weighs in at 160g.

Check out the Turnigy Mobius 2-Axis Gimbal at HobbyKing.

Discussion

Old Sep 17, 2014, 07:32 PM
Quad fun for everyone!
United States, WI
Joined Oct 2013
808 Posts
I think HobbyKing went in the right direction with this gimbal. Although, they could make some changes.

1) There is no space for the AV out cable (I do not use it but others want the live gimbal video ability).

2) Make it somewhat lighter. I don't think the gimbal really needs that size of a motor, so HK could custom manufacture a smaller gimbal motor to reduce weight.

3) possibly make a forward-facing version for certain types of FPV quads.

Nothing stands out beyond that yet. Price is also good. We will have to wait and see what others say about it when they actually fly with it.
RC2211 is online now Find More Posts by RC2211
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:31 AM
Joined May 2014
228 Posts
Looks interesting.
wilcamach is offline Find More Posts by wilcamach
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:25 AM
Joined Nov 2013
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC2211 View Post
I think HobbyKing went in the right direction with this gimbal. Although, they could make some changes.

1) There is no space for the AV out cable (I do not use it but others want the live gimbal video ability).
They answered to the first point in the comments on their product page, but I do not understand it fully. Please have a look because I'm interested in this product for my WL TOYS V303 (hope that it fits (?) ).
newtoon is offline Find More Posts by newtoon
Old Sep 18, 2014, 04:59 PM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Feb 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoon View Post
They answered to the first point in the comments on their product page, but I do not understand it fully. Please have a look because I'm interested in this product for my WL TOYS V303 (hope that it fits (?) ).
It looks like this is the cable they're saying to use with it. It looks to be a tight fit, but I guess it will work if they're recommending it.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ch=258000120-0
resistgravity is offline Find More Posts by resistgravity
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2014, 03:26 PM
Joined Nov 2011
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC2211 View Post

2) Make it somewhat lighter. I don't think the gimbal really needs that size of a motor, so HK could custom manufacture a smaller gimbal motor to reduce weight.

3) possibly make a forward-facing version for certain types of FPV quads.

Nothing stands out beyond that yet. Price is also good. We will have to wait and see what others say about it when they actually fly with it.
In regards to 3 I would say you could just mount it in the forward position and recalibrate it if needed. Lots of FPV quads use "clean frames" these days anyway so you could probable hard mount it if your rig is smooth. I would buy it in a heart beat if I was in this area.
The Valkman is offline Find More Posts by The Valkman
Old Oct 01, 2014, 01:02 AM
United States, CA, Salinas
Joined Nov 2013
166 Posts
Live feed problem solved...

Works great!

I wanted to mount this on the front of my discovery but the imu does not like to be mounted horizontal. Maybe another firmware option?
For now I will have to mount it as designed I guess.
just4funxwing is online now Find More Posts by just4funxwing
Last edited by just4funxwing; Oct 01, 2014 at 01:14 AM.
Old Oct 01, 2014, 01:15 AM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,879 Posts
how did you place gyro board.
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fpv summit
Old Oct 01, 2014, 08:07 AM
United States, WI, Schofield
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
Stability Issues

Just got my gimbal assembled and have the jitters mostly on the tilt axis. Board came with no firmware installed took me all afternoon on the Tarot website to get the firmware installed and the HK config. files loaded. Numerous software crashes on my Windows7 desktop. Hardware quality seems ok. Played around with gains on the software to try and stop the jitters but no joy so far. Anyone else with these issues?
Tscience is offline Find More Posts by Tscience
Old Oct 01, 2014, 08:15 AM
Joined Nov 2013
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman View Post
how did you place gyro board.
Placed so that the power lead is on top.
The gimbal is very smooth...

I can get it to jitter if I really throw it around, but one smooth movement and the gimbal recovers and is smooth again. For the price, I am very pleased.
Last edited by just4funxwing; Oct 01, 2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old Oct 01, 2014, 09:44 AM
Joined Nov 2013
166 Posts
I stand corrected, the imu mounting orientation is irrelevant and can be mounted in any orientation. Even moved around while the gimbal is powered up with out any effect.

So this gimbal can be mounted forward facing, as soon as make a mount for it!

I am happier now than before!
Old Oct 01, 2014, 09:27 PM
Shut up and fly
Joined Jun 2008
10,879 Posts
HELP
need a link to the install drivers the one's i found don't work
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2014, 12:40 AM
Shut up and fly
Joined Jun 2008
10,879 Posts
magic video
Mobius Brushless Gimbal Product Profile - HobbyKingLive (12 min 19 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2014, 10:11 AM
United States, ID, Pocatello
Joined Apr 2013
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscience View Post
Just got my gimbal assembled and have the jitters mostly on the tilt axis. Board came with no firmware installed took me all afternoon on the Tarot website to get the firmware installed and the HK config. files loaded. Numerous software crashes on my Windows7 desktop. Hardware quality seems ok. Played around with gains on the software to try and stop the jitters but no joy so far. Anyone else with these issues?
Change the motor settings on the tilt motor, its easiest done when the gimbal motors are powered up, hit write and see how the motor reacts to new settings. Keep lowering until it stops buzzing and runs smoothly. Change the polar and power settings, Polar (motor poles?) makes a bigger change, Power less so, for me I think I ended up with Polar=6 Power=30 (not sure on power maybe a tad higher.

If you go too low on the motor setting if you move fast the tilt motor will not perform right, to high and micro vibrations, even higher and buzzing and horrible jittering.

The roll motor worked find with HK settings.

Also had numerous crashes with software. Good luck.
_Milo_ is online now Find More Posts by _Milo_
Old Oct 02, 2014, 08:24 PM
United States, ID, Pocatello
Joined Apr 2013
628 Posts
Mounted upside down for now, eventually will set it up forward facing but I want to have a quick detach, because I don't always want it on. The way I have it mounted I can take it on and off with ease.
Just a quick look at the hobbyking mobius gimbal mounted upside down, easy on, easy off. (2 min 42 sec)
_Milo_ is online now Find More Posts by _Milo_