Thanks, Arakon, I appreciate the info.
GT
gmthomas44 is offline Find More Posts by gmthomas44
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2015, 02:39 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,482 Posts
On my Multiwii hex I use a separate linear BEC at 5.6V, but have left all six built in BECs as backups. Since non of the ESC's normally supplies current to the FC and Rx, they all stay cool and at the same temperature. I have yet to see any proof of this fight between linear BECs,.

Edit: The voltage of 5.6V is not generally recommended. My flight controller had a built-in 5V regulator(!) so I needed some headroom to get proper voltages.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Last edited by flarssen; Jan 21, 2015 at 08:20 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 09:34 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2015
3 Posts
KK2.1.5 LCD Error -- Cannot Read

I am trying to get my KK2 board working and configured but when I get it powered up I get the following picture... anyone seen this before? if so any thoughts on how to fix... perhaps some sort of hard reset with a series of combination button presses?? not sure.. hope someone can help and this is not a DOA flight controller
moorebi is offline Find More Posts by moorebi
Old Jan 23, 2015, 04:02 PM
United States
Joined Mar 2006
2,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorebi View Post
I am trying to get my KK2 board working and configured but when I get it powered up I get the following picture... anyone seen this before? if so any thoughts on how to fix... perhaps some sort of hard reset with a series of combination button presses?? not sure.. hope someone can help and this is not a DOA flight controller
Check if the LCD ribbon cable is seated properly, if yes, flash to Steveis or RC911 firmware (may have to use the boot loader option in LazyZero kkflash tool), good luck
--Oz-- is offline Find More Posts by --Oz--
Old Jan 24, 2015, 02:20 PM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,684 Posts
KK2 Flash Tool

I recently purchased a KK2.1 HC with remote programmer. Is it always best to reflash the KK2 before using it for the first time?

Just in case it does I picked this one off of Amazon. The problem with it is that the plug fits the case but the pins are not aligned. The 6 pins on the KK are centered and the ones on the flash tool plug are to one side. I guess I could try to remove the wires from the plug and move them over one or just clip off the plastic part of the plug that isn't being used. But then I have another issue. The plug is not keyed for polarization and can be inserted upside down. If this is done will it fry something or just not work like putting a servo plug in upside down?

Here is the one I purchased. It is advertised as being for KK Multicopter controllers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Rickochet is online now Find More Posts by Rickochet
Last edited by Rickochet; Jan 24, 2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 02:53 PM
Germany, RP, Diez
Joined May 2009
892 Posts
Upside down will not fry anything, as long as all 6 pins are plugged in.
Arakon is online now Find More Posts by Arakon
Old Jan 24, 2015, 03:31 PM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakon View Post
Upside down will not fry anything, as long as all 6 pins are plugged in.
Thank you for the reply. I moved the plugs over and the plug case is too wide for the KK case. Moved them back and cut off the unused area. Plug now fits. I plugged it in and got two beeps with the red wire on top.
Rickochet is online now Find More Posts by Rickochet
Last edited by Rickochet; Jan 24, 2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 09:43 PM
Joined Jul 2011
19 Posts
Yaw problem on quad

Help needed beginner:

My KK 2.0 quad has a yaw problem. While preliminary testing for pitch and yaw on a smooth floor surface right yaw requires a lot more throttle to achieve similar deflection as left yaw. Pitch forward and aft are OK. Is there a simple (I hope)adjustment needed here to make left and right yaw react the same for the same throttle setting? I've made most of the settings per a Dennis Baldwin beginner video. Perhaps I've missed something.

Thanks in advance.
lassapoogh is offline Find More Posts by lassapoogh
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
Germany, HE, Limburg
Joined Jul 2013
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassapoogh View Post
Help needed beginner:

My KK 2.0 quad has a yaw problem. While preliminary testing for pitch and yaw on a smooth floor surface right yaw requires a lot more throttle to achieve similar deflection as left yaw. Pitch forward and aft are OK. Is there a simple (I hope)adjustment needed here to make left and right yaw react the same for the same throttle setting? I've made most of the settings per a Dennis Baldwin beginner video. Perhaps I've missed something.

Thanks in advance.
Do you have the right senses of rotation of all 4 motors, as shown in the display?
Kristof Olavi is offline Find More Posts by Kristof Olavi
Old Today, 01:34 AM
Joined Jan 2015
28 Posts
How do I get CPPM to work in version 1.19. It works fine in version 1.17. Any help wold be great.
Backfire1 is offline Find More Posts by Backfire1