SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 02:43 AM
Joined Jan 2014
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Well as soon as I get some abition going #2 MCP will be bl. Over 200 fights on heli and still flying fine on original motors. So for those who say lube is waste of time and using Tri-flow..phooie ! I have has bl unit for close to a year and tired of looking at it in parts bin.
I have read your posts on using tri-flow and the the model train lube and think it is a great idea. Did you break in your motor B4 you started or just take it easy for the first half a dozen flights?
Thanks
helircguy99 is offline Find More Posts by helircguy99
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 06:00 AM
Owner1
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Mar 2011
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helircguy99 View Post
I have read your posts on using tri-flow and the the model train lube and think it is a great idea. Did you break in your motor B4 you started or just take it easy for the first half a dozen flights?
Thanks
Just another data point to assist your decisions on heli maintenance. I have a Master CP with well over four hundred flights on it. The first 120 flights were with the original main motor, and the remainder are with a single Walkera replacement. The tail motor is still original. I don't use any lube as I don't like the dirt it attracts, and I always fly between 3-6 batteries back to back, with no cool down. I don't even re-bind the heli, as I swap them in less than 30 seconds and keep on flying. There is no temperature difference between the first and the last battery run.

Good luck, and enjoy your MCP.
Owner1 is offline Find More Posts by Owner1
Old Today, 06:51 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
9,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helircguy99 View Post
Thanks
I run motor and few times just under flight speed for a minute or two. Let cool and do this a few times. Then fly it easy several times and then good to go. I use heat sink from Bang good. I do not endorse back to back packs with out cool down. Both my Masters have over 200+ flights on original motors. Some wing nuts say just go back to back and all is well. Maybe for them but not the way i roll.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04