SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 31, 2013, 03:36 PM
John E
Clifton Park, NY
Joined May 2007
1 Posts
I have just ordered an Aurora 9X with the Maxima 9 Rx. I have an Aurora 9 with the Optima 9 Ch Rx, 4 HS5485HB servos and 3 Optima 7 Rx's. I have been reluctant to use the digital servos with the Optima receivers. I really like the telemetry feedback of airborne pack voltage.
My question:
Let's say I hook up the Maxima 9 Rx to the Aurora 9x Tx with the HS5485HB servos. Can I use an Optima Rx hooked up to the same airborne battery (with no servos attached to the Optima Rx) to monitor airborne battery at the TX? What impact on latency would this have? Just curious.
ama11441 is offline Find More Posts by ama11441
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2013, 08:22 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama11441 View Post

I have just ordered an Aurora 9X with the Maxima 9 Rx.
I have an Aurora 9 with the Optima 9 Ch Rx, 4 HS5485HB servos and 3 Optima 7 Rx's.
I have been reluctant to use the digital servos with the Optima receivers.
I really like the telemetry feedback of airborne pack voltage.
My question:
Let's say I hook up the Maxima 9 Rx to the Aurora 9x Tx with the HS5485HB servos.
Can I use an Optima Rx hooked up to the same airborne battery
(with no servos attached to the Optima Rx)
to monitor airborne battery at the TX? What impact on latency would this have? Just curious.
No.
Please refer to the picture, of the ID-Setup for each unit, attached post #1.
ID-Setup for Maxima does not permit setup of Optima same time, thus no feedback.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 12:33 PM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,941 Posts
OK One question.

I am having trouble with my setup for flaps. I'm trying to get the elevator to adjust slowly like I have the flaps set up to do using servo speed on them. If I try that with the elevator then that servo (elevator) is slow even in normal flight and I want it to do that "only" when flaps are activated.

I know it can be done just can get it and my brain is tired.

Thanks
Ed
race58 is offline Find More Posts by race58
Old Nov 06, 2013, 01:14 PM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,941 Posts
OK ,, 2 questions.

IF I remember correctly when I had an Aurora 9 the expo needs to be set to the negative side for less twitchy response, correct?

Thanks
Old Nov 06, 2013, 01:28 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by race58 View Post
OK One question.
I am having trouble with my setup for flaps. I'm trying to get the elevator to adjust slowly
like I have the flaps set up to do using servo speed on them.
If I try that with the elevator then that servo (elevator) is slow even in normal flight and
I want it to do that "only" when flaps are activated.
I know it can be done just can get it and my brain is tired.
Thanks Ed
Quote:
OK ,, 2 questions.
IF I remember correctly when I had an Aurora 9 the expo needs to be set to the negative side
for less twitchy response, correct? Thanks
1. Please refer related Flap/elev links under Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
. Aurora 9, 9X, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry,
- FAQ, Setups & Tips {Individual Links often updated}

2. Yes, as per " [NB: Hitec TX use Minus (-) Expo wherever JR/Spektrum use Plus (+) Expo]" on FAQ page."

Alan T.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 01:48 PM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,941 Posts
Thanks Alan I saw all that and my flaps work fine with 3-pos SW E and servo slow but the elevator still operates at normal speed instead of slow and I'm having trouble finding out how to slow the elevator down along with the flaps but still work as normal for flying.

Thanks
Ed
Old Nov 06, 2013, 11:02 PM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,941 Posts
Anybody got any ideas on how to slow down my elevator along with my flaps.
I have read everything that I can and everything I can find in A.T.'S postings but I'm missing something because I just can't find the answer even though I know it's there.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Ed
Old Nov 07, 2013, 05:34 AM
plank n shankbone pilot
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
How much elevator are we talking about here? 5% 10%?

Instead of elevator using the elevator compensation within the flap menu, Have you tried mixing elevator to the flap?
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Old Nov 07, 2013, 08:48 AM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_z06 View Post
How much elevator are we talking about here? 5% 10%?

Instead of elevator using the elevator compensation within the flap menu, Have you tried mixing elevator to the flap?
Yes that is they way it is set up now but I can't slow down the elevator when the flaps are deployed 50% then full at 100%
If I do slow it then it is slow all the time not just when flaps are deployed and therin lies the dilemma.

Thanks
Ed
Old Nov 07, 2013, 11:02 AM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,941 Posts
I have another question regarding my powered glider (Flyzone Calypso) I have elected not to cut in the flaps and leave the it as it is. It has full length ailerons and I would like to set them up as flaperons. The ailerons have a servo in each wing both connected to Ch1 with a "Y"

How do I go about programing the ailerons to act as flaperons via a switch?
I have seen all the references to flaperons on the Aurora but they all use dual channels and have both flaps and ailerons.

Thanks
Ed
Old Nov 07, 2013, 01:32 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
I have another question regarding my powered glider (Flyzone Calypso)
I have elected not to cut in the flaps and leave the it as it is. It has full length ailerons and I would like to set them up as flaperons.
The ailerons have a servo in each wing both connected to Ch1 with a "Y"
How do I go about programing the ailerons to act as flaperons via a switch?
I have seen all the references to flaperons on the Aurora but they all use dual channels and have both flaps and ailerons.
Thanks Ed
Applicable to all systems, flapperons can only be activated with two servo.
If "Y" legs are buried in wing, cut one leg off and solder a new servo lead to the now separate leg.
Following might assist:

. Flapperons or Spoilerons ?

Alan T.
Old Nov 07, 2013, 03:04 PM
USA, IL, Huntley
Joined Feb 2006
1,941 Posts
Ok Alan I see what you are trying to say and in my case "Spoilerons" will be better so how do I set them up?
I have already eliminated the "Y" for the ailerons and they are now on Ch1 & Ch5

Any more thoughts on how to slow down my elevator on the other plane that has flaps to coincide with the slowed down flap movement yet?

Thanks for your time on this.
Ed
Old Nov 10, 2013, 07:29 PM
Missouri
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
I have a question about my Sebart 110 with dual elevator servos.
During the model setup I selected ailevators. The dual elevators are working just fine. I wanted to add a rudder elevator mix, but none is available in the menu option. Do I need to do 2 program mixes, Rudder to Ail1, and Rudder to Ail2?

I love the radio. I have my pattern and my 3D plane bound to the 9X. They fly better on the 9X

Thanks for your help
Gadget
Gadget99 is offline Find More Posts by Gadget99
Last edited by MikeMayberry; Nov 13, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:26 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget99 View Post
During the model setup I selected ailevators. The dual elevators are working just fine.
I wanted to add a rudder elevator mix, but none is available in the menu option.
Do I need to do 2 program mixes, Rudder to Ail1, and Rudder to Ail2?
I love the radio. I have my pattern and my 3D plane bound to the 9X.
They fly better on the 9X Thanks for your help Gadget
Unable to check on a Tx at present but would try rudd/elev1 mix first.
This should continue the elev 1/2 mix.
If not functioning, then proceed with your 2nd option, no harm in trial and error programing.

Alan T.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 05:10 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,194 Posts
Quote:
Ok Alan I see what you are trying to say and in my case "Spoilerons" will be better so how do I set them up?
I have already eliminated the "Y" for the ailerons and they are now on Ch1 & Ch5

Any more thoughts on how to slow down my elevator on the other plane that has flaps to coincide with the slowed down flap movement yet?

Thanks for your time on this.
Ed
I was hoping to have this option at the release but it looks like we will have to wait for a firmware update for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget99 View Post
During the model setup I selected ailevators. The dual elevators are working just fine. I wanted to add a rudder elevator mix, but none is available in the menu option. Do I need to do 2 program mixes, Rudder to Ail1, and Rudder to Ail2?

I love the radio. I have my pattern and my 3D plane bound to the 9X. They fly better on the 9X

Thanks for your help
Gadget
This is KNIFE MIX.

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry