Thanks Sid.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:32 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
That reminds me, I have started work on the manual Sid, will send it to you soon`
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:10 PM
Norway
Joined Aug 2011
243 Posts
Sid, my RL still havent showed up. And the tracking says it's left china des.17. Think it's weird it hasnt been scanned in someplace else yet. Almost 1month now
Bauf is offline Find More Posts by Bauf
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:18 AM
Chinglish-funny
Joined Mar 2011
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauf View Post
Sid, my RL still havent showed up. And the tracking says it's left china des.17. Think it's weird it hasnt been scanned in someplace else yet. Almost 1month now
sorry, pm to me your tracker id, and i will connect them... if lost i will send other one to you... BTW not only you , that is why i want to select DHL......

Sid
sid.huang is offline Find More Posts by sid.huang
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:38 AM
Norway
Joined Aug 2011
243 Posts
thanks sid! pm sent
Bauf is offline Find More Posts by Bauf
Old Jan 12, 2012, 04:49 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,819 Posts
Got my RangeLink systems

Hi Sid,

Just wanted to let you know that the two systems I ordered for me and a friend of mine arrived savely. Thank you!

If they perform the way I expect them to, I will order a second set for me. The purpose of the second unit will be to have the same ID as my first one. I then will place one of them (of course protected) on the roof of my home, while the other will be used when I go to other flying sites. Thats definately something that only can be done with RangeLink so far. Really good feature Sid. I also have to say that the build quailty of the RangeLink is excellent. I will use it over the next couple of weeks, and I'm definately ready to sell my DragonLink system if RangeLink performs the way I except it. I have to say that I'm very very optimistic that this will be the case.

RangeLink is IMHO the most feature rich and most advanced LRS system in it's prize range that is available these days. It's not only available, Sid's service is just great. I ordered last sunday evening and have it in my hands here today (thursday) in Switzerland. That's exceptional, great service Sid! I'm really happy so far. Oh, btw, my friend considers doing the same thing too. He does not intend to place his second unit on his home roof (as he lifes in a condo) but he intends to use one built into his car and also to have a backup in case something happens to the first unit.

You have a happy customer Sid, thank you for makeing such a great product!

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:44 PM
KK4CCD
United States, NC, Gastonia
Joined Apr 2011
94 Posts
Just purchased a Rangelink system and an extra receiver and Sid had it in the mail within hours

Sid's offer to upgrade my older receivers for free (postage paid of course) and his customer support sold it for me.
avi8tor0 is offline Find More Posts by avi8tor0
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:47 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,828 Posts
Anyone here using the Eagle OSD pro with rangelink?

If so, does it display rssi well? And is it hard to set up to display rssi?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:17 AM
Crash=start of next project
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Anyone here using the Eagle OSD pro with rangelink?

If so, does it display rssi well? And is it hard to set up to display rssi?
Should be straight forward, read both manuals to see how.
CN I Dawg is online now Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:51 PM
FPV FTW
United States, TX, Brenham
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Just ordered another RangeLink receiver for a new wing project! I'm willing to bet that even with 8000mAh of battery on tap I still won't even come close to hitting the limits of the control.

It's a great system Sid and I'm very happy with it. I wish I could have ordered more RX's, but didn't have the budget this month...I'll definitely be getting more in the future though.
h0tr0d is offline Find More Posts by h0tr0d
Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2011
1,289 Posts
Rangelink in action over the holidays...

Rangelink in action over the holidays...

no glitches up to 5.5km's ;-)

Thanks Sid!! Love ya work ;-)

FPV'n Around - Cold and Windy... but still FPV'able.. (4 min 18 sec)
PMRfly is offline Find More Posts by PMRfly
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:08 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,828 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm a bit confused with how I'll connect my external BEC to run my RL rx.

The part that has me confused is do I only isolate and not use the ESC's positive wire or do I isolate both the positive and the ground as the esc is ground directly to the battery and only have the signal wire going to the rx?
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:21 AM
Registered FPVer :)
Switzerland, LU, Buchrain
Joined Aug 2006
2,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Hi folks,

I'm a bit confused with how I'll connect my external BEC to run my RL rx.

The part that has me confused is do I only isolate and not use the ESC's positive wire or do I isolate both the positive and the ground as the esc is ground directly to the battery and only have the signal wire going to the rx?
You need to isolate the postive wire only. You need a common ground or else it could happen that the signal level as it's seen by the rx would not be strong enough or very wrong even.

Markus
markus123456 is offline Find More Posts by markus123456
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:52 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,828 Posts
Thanks mate!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:58 AM
Crash=start of next project
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456 View Post
You need to isolate the postive wire only. You need a common ground or else it could happen that the signal level as it's seen by the rx would not be strong enough or very wrong even.

Markus
If you want to use the ESC for another project without an external BEC, then carefully lift the tang holding the contact in the plastic connector and remove the contact. Isolate it with shrink sleeving and it will live another day. Otherwise, just cut the Pos. lead if you will never use ESC in any other configuration.
CN I Dawg is online now Find More Posts by CN I Dawg