HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:01 AM
SoCal
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Seems weird it's reporting 11-12 kts then dumps it to 4-6 kts, then back 11-12kts.
Doesn't sound very reliable to me, when source is a fan at constant a speed and static plane !?
Although perhaps the fan being so close to the pitot tube might be causing turbulence into it.
-B!
He is impeding the airflow with his hand, no?
Zr_Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Zr_Flyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Brushless H Part II
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:06 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zr_Flyer View Post
He is impeding the airflow with his hand, no?
Can't ague with that. But he did say:
It's at the lower limit of its specs.
"Air Speed: 7 - 225 MPH (11 - 360 KPH)"

So perhaps the sensor is 'dropping off the cliff' at such a low 'air' speed ?

In any case, I'd like one !!

-B!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Jun 30, 2014, 02:53 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,552 Posts
Ive been putting up with the horrible stock tones from the high prec vario till now but finally did firmware upgrades on the vario through SPort and the Taranis, and have nice tones now. Ive put my vario settings as -4 -07 .1 3 at the moment. Anyone with any better settings for AXN floater glider? Its plugged into the X8R using SPort.
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jul 01, 2014, 09:56 PM
SidGates
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Feb 2006
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Seems weird it's reporting 11-12 kts then dumps it to 4-6 kts, then back 11-12kts.
Doesn't sound very reliable to me, when source is a fan at constant a speed and static plane !?
Although perhaps the fan being so close to the pitot tube might be causing turbulence into it.
-B!
=========================

I am sorry my video gives the wrong impression. I was sticking my hand in front of the fan to demo speed changes and it did create turbulence.

When I flew the airplane the speed changes were smooth and useful. I now have my programming set so I can turn off the voice reporting when I want to. My main interest is air speed reporting during landing. I plan to use the N2 Air Speed Sensor in my jets and warbirds.
sidgates50 is offline Find More Posts by sidgates50
Old Jul 28, 2014, 09:54 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1 Posts
Hi forum friends, I have a question concerning the display FrySky FLD-02, I wanted to know if anyone knows how to put the altitude meter to zero, since apparently marks me, the altitude at which I meet in my city, they are 680 meters above sea level.
Also see if you can program an alarm or beep that indicates a thermal scout?
from already thank you very much and hope you can help me because there is no manual, you can highlight the uses of this product.
camelot737 is offline Find More Posts by camelot737
Old Jul 28, 2014, 05:40 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,312 Posts
You long press the button when the "R" is highlighted to set the present altitude to zero. ""R" stands for relative altitude I guess. Not Rate as stated in the attached manual. The climb or decent rate shows up as the vertical bar in the middle. It's not very sensitive though. The audio climb and decent tone is much more sensitive but you need a Taranis or a V-Speak module to hear it (but of course you wouldn't be using an FLD-02 if you have a Taranis). The FLD-02 can set alarms for A2 which is the climb or decent rate signal.

Note that on mine the relative altitude only works reliably when setting altitude in feet not in metres. Took me a while to figure this out since we normally use metric here! Must be a bug in the firmware I think.

I have attached a manual written by one of the users here on RCGRoups.

Also the wiki has some useful information.

http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...out_Sensor_Hub

Variometer Sounds
The FVAS-02 sensor can be used with the DFT, DJT, DHT and DHT-U to give audible variometer indication, something that wasn't possible with the old FVAS-01 sensor. Use the above-mentioned special cable with the white JST on one end and three black connectors on the other to connect the sensor to the receiver.
The FVAS-02 variometer sensor outputs a voltage of 1.65V via the brown wire towards the DA port when it is stationary (i.e., the altitude reading doesn't change). This is the midpoint of the maximum possible 3.3V (or in digital terms a value of 127 for an 8 bit value). An increasing altitude reading results in the voltage increasing proportionally to the rate of climb; a decreasing altitude reading will result in a proportionally decreased voltage reading.
Using this information it is straightforward to enter the two alarm thresholds with separate beep alerts, e.g. A2_1 at less than 125 with one beep and A2_2 at greater than 129 with two beeps. See Alarms for more information.
Using the vario sensor with an FLD-02 with firmware version 2.1 or above will display a vertical bar on the screen showing lift and sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot737 View Post
Hi forum friends, I have a question concerning the display FrySky FLD-02, I wanted to know if anyone knows how to put the altitude meter to zero, since apparently marks me, the altitude at which I meet in my city, they are 680 meters above sea level.
Also see if you can program an alarm or beep that indicates a thermal scout?
from already thank you very much and hope you can help me because there is no manual, you can highlight the uses of this product.
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Last edited by jj604; Jul 28, 2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:39 PM
Joined May 2014
40 Posts
Frsky normal precision vario

I recently purchased this sensor for my quadcopter. I have it connected to my x8r receiver through the smart port. At ground level the altitude reading is a negative number. When the craft is approximately 15 to 20 ft above the ground it reads zero altitude!
What's going on? Does it require some type of calibration? How can it be corrected?
Thanks
sforl is offline Find More Posts by sforl
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:42 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,312 Posts
You need to set relative not absolute altitude.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 09:37 AM
Joined May 2014
40 Posts
jj604. How do you change it from absolute to relative?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 05:11 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,312 Posts
If, as I suspect, you have a Taranis one of the gurus can help - I don't have one yet.

If you are using the older FLD-02 display then you highlight the "R" and hold down the button. The FLD-02 has avertical bar that shows variation up and down as well as the altitude display. See picture.

The DHT-U display has no visual variation bar display. Absolute and relative altitude is switched by the left hand top button on the unit.

The section in the FrSky Wiki on "Telemetry in Gliders" is worth a read.

http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwi...out_Sensor_Hub

UPDATE:

Here's some info from Post 6997 on the Taranis How To thread. You might find more info there.

FVAS-02 Vario
I'm no sure if this works but at least you can try it:
1 Long press "Page" to get to telemetry screen
2 long press "Enter"
3 a small window appears to "Reset Telemetry" and/or "Reset Flight"
4 press "Enter" to reset telemetry
5 Altitude should now be zero

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6997

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
jj604. How do you change it from absolute to relative?
Last edited by jj604; Jul 31, 2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:28 PM
Joined May 2014
40 Posts
Thank you! That did the trick!