SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools
Old Today, 07:18 AM
Joe The Ripper
United States, MI, Washington
Joined Sep 2011
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
Oh oh. Out at Stoney flying the radian, and someone else is stuck in a tree. Don't know who it belongs to but it's way up in the top of the tree.
I can easily understand how this plane got there. Radians are larger than what most of us are used to flying, and they always look closer than they really are. I have come close to putting mine in a tree when i thought I had plenty of clearance. It's best to stay above and way clear of the trees until you are very familiar with its size.
Joe
fannonjk is online now Find More Posts by fannonjk
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 07:53 AM
treefinder
springer's Avatar
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,761 Posts
Good advice! Fly in the middle of the air, stay away from the edges of the air, except for takeoffs and landings.

Just to clarify, that wasn't your plane, Bob, right? Could you tell what it was?
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 08:09 AM
AKA Larry
Joined Mar 2014
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannonjk View Post
I can easily understand how this plane got there. Radians are larger than what most of us are used to flying, and they always look closer than they really are. I have come close to putting mine in a tree when i thought I had plenty of clearance. It's best to stay above and way clear of the trees until you are very familiar with its size.
Joe
Joe

Can u expound on the Radian type plane that the park maintenance worker brought by the other day. Seems like a rash of those planes running away from home

Larry

Larry
Decokid is online now Find More Posts by Decokid
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:45 AM
Old Bold Pilot - Flying Blind
got-one's Avatar
USA, MI, Rochester
Joined Nov 2008
753 Posts
[QUOTE=springer;29773539]Good advice! Fly in the middle of the air, stay away from the edges of the air, except for takeoffs and landings.
QUOTE]

Sage advice from he with lots of experience in tree landings (Springer aka treefinder).

Dave F
>< *>
got-one is offline Find More Posts by got-one
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 11:25 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Makdaddy's Avatar
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,321 Posts
You know you can never have to much stuff. Just looking around HK and noticed a new XT connector.
This is the XT30 which looks very much like the XT60 but smaller.
Supposed to handle 30 amps. Might be a good replacement in the future for JST connectors.
A promising note also:
"There is no patent on the XT30 connector, we hope this product is sold everywhere in the world and dominates the market, reducing customer dependency on the over-priced and underperforming alternatives for this amp class."
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:31 AM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
RICKYG's Avatar
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Aug 2013
117 Posts
The radian in the tree is not Bob's. I went there last night as bob was packing up and he did not know whose radian it is. He posted the picture to see if anyone knows. It was still high in the tree when i left at dark last night. These winds today might shake it loose. It is definitely up high straight across from the flightline. Hopefully it will come down unscathed.
Larry did you ever get your f&f back? Did you leave it there the night you said you were out there by yourself?
RICKYG is offline Find More Posts by RICKYG
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:52 AM
Joe The Ripper
United States, MI, Washington
Joined Sep 2011
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decokid View Post
Joe

Can u expound on the Radian type plane that the park maintenance worker brought by the other day. Seems like a rash of those planes running away from home

Larry

Larry
It was not a Radian, but very similar in constuction and size. I don't remember the make though. It had a Tacktic short range receiver which is probably why it strayed away from the owner. It was busted up and had been out in the elements for quite some time. Perhaps the only thing salvageable was the foam with repairs, and maybe the motor.
Joe
fannonjk is online now Find More Posts by fannonjk
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:40 PM
Flys Like A Brick
Bob_B's Avatar
Washington, MI
Joined Nov 2010
519 Posts
Well just as Rick said it's not mine! I had mine up in the air and was standing in the middle of the field while I practiced landings, and as mine flew by a caught a flash of white. When I landed I walked over and looked to see what it was. The under side of the wing had a sticker just like was on my Radian before I covered the bottom with tape.

Whoever it belongs to, hope they can get it. The wind today might blow it out, or just beat it up.

Bob
Bob_B is offline Find More Posts by Bob_B
Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:06 PM
AKA Larry
Joined Mar 2014
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYG View Post
The radian in the tree is not Bob's. I went there last night as bob was packing up and he did not know whose radian it is. He posted the picture to see if anyone knows. It was still high in the tree when i left at dark last night. These winds today might shake it loose. It is definitely up high straight across from the flightline. Hopefully it will come down unscathed.
Larry did you ever get your f&f back? Did you leave it there the night you said you were out there by yourself?
Rick
I did not get my plane back, but had great response from the park police. The came twice to the field to let me know it was not in lost and found or the maintenance building. They explained that a report is made out on lost items and he will keep checking to see if anything shows up. They also have my name and number

Larry
Decokid is online now Find More Posts by Decokid
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flyers in SE Michigan Fungoo Electric Plane Talk 18 Aug 15, 2014 12:14 PM
E-flyer clubs in SE Michigan? LBM Electric Plane Talk 8 Dec 17, 2008 05:31 AM
Yippee! Any Foamy Flyers On Or Near Elizabeth City, N.c??? nieves50 Foamies (Kits) 31 Mar 06, 2004 08:11 PM
Flint, Michigan E-Flyers ??? crashnburn Electric Plane Talk 21 Dec 04, 2001 04:54 PM
Slope sites SE Michigan or NW Ohio? daveh Electric Sailplanes 4 Jul 27, 2001 06:37 PM