HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2007, 08:26 PM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Discussion
Miss 2 Discussion Thread!

I just purchased a Miss 2 recently and I wanted to discuss things about it, but there's not a thread dedicated to the Miss 2.

So i've decided to make one!

So, please feel free to discuss anything about the Miss 2 on this thread!
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2007, 08:40 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
I picked up one of these as well. Will likely sit around a while since I have so many projects waiting. But I am curious to know what current owners have used for the power system and what they thought of it. I have a few motors sitting around that might work fine, but I like having more power than I need.

Anyway, thanks BD for starting this up, it was much needed. I searched and couldn't find a thread for this plane. There is a review, but the comment section is pretty short. hope this one takes off and hope many others bought this during the Crash sale at HL. I hope it ends up being a sweet deal!!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Aug 26, 2007, 09:26 PM
Joined Jul 2006
446 Posts
I love mine with a Eflite park 480 outrunner on 3s with a 9X6 prop. Climbs like a banshee, manuverable, and just floats in for landing.
efinkg is offline Find More Posts by efinkg
Old Aug 26, 2007, 09:39 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
That is what I like to hear. And I have a park 480 that came with an E-flite Extra combo. I was going to drop it in a Pulse XT... Hmmm Decisions

Diggs
Old Aug 27, 2007, 09:46 AM
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Thanks for posting guys. I might use the recommended motor that Hobby Lobby suggests, but i'm not sure yet.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 11:08 AM
Joined Jul 2006
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyDiggs
That is what I like to hear. And I have a park 480 that came with an E-flite Extra combo. I was going to drop it in a Pulse XT... Hmmm Decisions

Diggs
Well, you could always just get another!
efinkg is offline Find More Posts by efinkg
Old Sep 10, 2007, 07:26 PM
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
bump
Old Sep 10, 2007, 08:13 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Anyone have theirs built yet? I haven't even had a chance to touch mine, but then again, I have tons of planes ready to be built... Curious how it going for others.

Diggs
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:08 PM
Women Fly Too
Twentynine Palms, CA USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,061 Posts
I know this thread is kind of old, but it's the only one for the Miss II that I found here. I lost my Black Horse Hobbies Liberty when I had a physical event just after takeoff. I was devastated. Jay Burkhart of Hobby Lobby helped me to find an airframe, the Miss II that can take the components that were in my Liberty.
I've not ordered it, yet, but look forward to my new slowflyer airplane. It matches my own personality for slowflyers, and in particular free flight, which is my first love.
I'll post when I get the ARF and try to describe things as I put it together. Crash
CrashCaley is offline Find More Posts by CrashCaley
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:31 PM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
Hi Crash
I bought a Miss 2 a few years back. It is my favorite plane for just floating around, I did have to go inside the fuse and glue the rudder cable sheath to a former to keep it from flexing too much. A great plane to learn on.
If I was to do it again, I would reduce the angle of the outer wing panels to create a flatter wing overall. If you don't want your wing I will buy it off you.
Skyshark is offline Find More Posts by Skyshark
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:51 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,377 Posts
My first Miss 2 crashed when the wing joint failed in a loop as the plane was flown by a friend. My second Miss 2 was lost in a thermal in the haze on a summer evening. I searched all over for her, but no luck--probably landed in the James River near where I fly. Then I bought a Super Miss--still have it after 8 years--but the 4 channel plane is not as much fun as the original 3 channel Miss 2 with the polyhedral wing.
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Old Aug 11, 2010, 01:02 PM
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Glad to see this thread getting some posts.

I sold my Miss 2 a few years back, but kept the polyhedral wing for my AP Slow Stick.

It's just too windy here to fly a plane like the Miss 2...
Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:25 AM
Women Fly Too
Twentynine Palms, CA USA
Joined Jul 2004
1,061 Posts
Hey Guys, Nice to see others are still around on this thread. I've flown everything from electric jets (props and ducted fans), to scale aerobatics and it never did a thing for me. Just made me nervous. With my eyesight not as good as when I first started in the hobby about 8 years ago, I've switched to really slow models. I built a Pat Tritle 60 inch J-3 Cub and just love to putter around doing circuits. That is in repair for a new strut that I managed to break while putting the model away. I like really slow flying models. I know some of you would say it's like watching paint dry, and some of the guys start snoring to mock me, but I still consider just flying an rc airplane tons of fun.
I couldn't wait. I just placed my order to Hobby Lobby. Hoping the model will be here next week.
As for the wing, I think what it has is just fine. I fly free flight rubber models. Polyhedral wings help keep the model stable in the air, and help it recover. I'll check on the joints by flexing things. I'll also make sure it has adequate washout. Crash
CrashCaley is offline Find More Posts by CrashCaley
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:05 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,377 Posts
CrashCaley

Have you ever tried the GWS Pico Moth? That is slow flying at its best.

Gosh, I was at 29 Palms for a combined arms deal in 1981--what a place.
Pat Daily is offline Find More Posts by Pat Daily
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:12 AM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
Robert Plant was so impressed with 20 Palms he wrote a song about it!
Skyshark is offline Find More Posts by Skyshark