SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 01, 2006, 09:09 AM
Melbourne, Eastern Sub.
Joined Sep 2004
306 Posts
Question
Spinner on Outrunner Suggestions

Please help !!

My balsa P40 is just about complete, however, attaching the spinner to the outrunner is proving a bit tricky.

I would like to know how other people have done this, or if there are any good products on the market that can simplify the process.

I am using a GWS adapter with a GWS 9x47, with a DuBro 1.75" spinner (see setup photo). The main trouble is the DuBro backplate hole is too big for the GWS adapter. I have search the forums for ideas and all I've found is the following.

It could possibly be solved by gluing a thin ply plate to the front of the backplate and then drill the correct size hole to accomodate the GWS adapter. However the thread on the GWS adapter is very small, I even had to cut some plastic off the prop just to be able to bolt it on. So if I use the thin ply I'm really going to cut it short with the thread.

Can anyone suggest how this could be done? If I was to use a collet type adapter I would need a thead on it about 20-25mm long.

Are ther any other adapters out there that will do this?

Thanks
Raven.
ravencsr is offline Find More Posts by ravencsr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2006, 09:56 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
I think you need an MPJet "long" collet adapter in the appropriate diameter. In the US, you can get them from Hobby Lobby. The outer diameter of the shaft will be very close to the size of one of the spinner inserts, you might need to ream it a little. Also, consider using an APC prop instead--they can handle more power than the GWS props and include the correct inserts to fit the MPJet adapter shaft.
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Jun 01, 2006, 10:07 AM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,407 Posts
that spinner should have came with a set of black rings(ADAPTERS) find the one that fits yours and there you go
MustangAce17 is online now Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Jun 01, 2006, 10:25 PM
but it's a nice obsession
Sandy, Utah
Joined Apr 2003
1,049 Posts
www.aircraft-world.com has the Hyperion collet adapters that I use with our Dubro spinners. That should be the closest supplier to you that I know of.
jgmtens is offline Find More Posts by jgmtens
Old Jun 01, 2006, 10:30 PM
but it's a nice obsession
Sandy, Utah
Joined Apr 2003
1,049 Posts
Here is the page you need.

http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopdi...+PROP+ADAPTERS

Looks like your motor shaft is probably 4mm, maybe smaller. Just pick out the long adapter in the correct size for your shaft. Then use an APC prop or drill out the middle of your GWS prop to fit.
jgmtens is offline Find More Posts by jgmtens
Old Jun 01, 2006, 11:08 PM
Sydney
Joined Nov 2004
260 Posts
Prop adaptors

We carry prop adaptors from 2 mm to 6 mm.
Check this website: http://www.euromodels.com.au/shop/in...dex&cPath=4_42

Zdenek
Euromodels
euromodels is offline Find More Posts by euromodels
Old Jun 01, 2006, 11:16 PM
"Each Day Is A Lesson"
Goldsboro, NC
Joined May 2004
2,442 Posts
As I se it , your problem is trying to use the GWS prop.

As all have suggested, loose the GWS adapter and get the proper collet adapter, and then, using the inserts supplied for the backing plate of the spinner, you will have no problem mounting it.

dd
diver don is offline Find More Posts by diver don
Old Jun 02, 2006, 03:22 PM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,629 Posts
Hyperion prop adapters, as well as insert rings for the prop hub, are also available from allerc.com .
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut