SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 12:20 AM
Joined Oct 2014
36 Posts
Discussion
3 blade and 4 blade propeller, and their vendors

I have been reading a lot about propellers.

I do not know how much of what I read is BS and how much is true.

Therefore, I want to do some simple experiments.

What I need is a source for good quality propellers that have 3 or 4 blades and that are suitable for quads.

My Blade 200 QX has 4" propellers. My Blade 350 Q2 has 8" propellers. And, my Walkera Hoten X has 7" propellers.

Ideally, I want 3 blade propellers about 10% bigger than the stock propellers, about 10% smaller than the stock propellers, and the same size as the stock propeller. If they can be obtained, I'd like the same for 4 blade propellers. I know I can get 5", 6", 7", 8" and 9" 3 blade propellers, and I know where to get some good ones (based on reported user experience. though more recommendations based on experience are always welcome and appreciated). I have never found, anywhere, a 4 blade propeller for a quad, so, if they exist, I'd love to hear about it. I have never found a 3 blade propeller smaller than 5". I'd love to have a source for good quality 3", 3.5", 4" and 4.5" 3 blade propellers. As I have several quads with motors that have a 1mm shaft, I'd love to be able to get a 3 blade propeller, 4cm, 5cm, and 5.5 cm diameters that would easily mount on a 1mm shaft. Do they exist?

For each quad, I'd want to assess how the number of blades on the propeller and the size of the propeller affects how easy, or difficult, it is to control, and to measure how long it can be made to hover. And this would be done both in calm and blustery weather (though in the latter, I won't be flying very high).

If anyone has objective measurements on any of this (especially flight times and personal assessments of how easy the quad is to control with given propellers), I'd love to see the data.

But, can anyone tell me where I can obtain the propellers I need for this study?

Thanks.

Ted

NB: I do not plan on flying other than stock propellers except during this experiment, and will pick the 'best' propeller AFTER the experiment based on the measurements I make.
tedbyers is online now Find More Posts by tedbyers
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:33 AM
Joined Oct 2014
36 Posts
'External' battery mount

I am after two things, in four different versions.

I have a Blade 20 QX, Blade 350 QX2 (just arrived), a Walkera Hoten X (just arrived), a Walkera QR X350 Pro (on its way and should be here next week).

The Hoten X was a disappointment in terms of the pathetic 1,000 mAh battery it comes with. And the battery holder it will not take even a slightly larger battery (at least none that I have found so far).

All three are capable of carrying a camera on a gimbal, so there is a payload capacity I ought to be able to use to add an extra battery or two, mounted on the bottom of each quad.

What I need, therefore, is a connector that will let me connect two or more batteries in parallel (both 2S and 3S). The second thing I need, in 4 versions (or perhaps 3 versions if what will work on the Walkera 350 will also work on the Blade 350), is something that will let me secure an extra battery or two, to the bottom of each quad. I would suppose that how to do this would be obvious if I were working with kits (something I will do eventually), but these are not kits.

If an extra part is required, can you tell me what it is and where to buy it (ideally with links to pages describing them on amazon.ca or aliexpress.com). If extra parts are not required to attach these batteries to the bottoms of these quads, I need some illustrated instructions showing how to do it.

Thanks

Ted
tedbyers is online now Find More Posts by tedbyers