Old May 14, 2014, 03:36 PM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
698 Posts
Discussion
Thrust line

Hey everyone,
I currently have a pusher F-111 and recently I am having a problem after I had to replace / fix the rear mounted motor. Since I added the motor I am having problems with the trimming of it as now she will fly perfectly flat; however, it tends to turn right. What I would like to know is that I originally set the thrust line as neutral but what way do I set it if the plane flies to the right? I am thinking that I should turn the motor left to try and push the nose left. Because of the rear mounted operation and I am just using a normal prop just turned around.
Hope some one can assist me here.
Shane
shanesmadhouse is offline Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just some of the hanger.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2014, 05:35 PM
Canada, AB, Okotoks
Joined Apr 2007
1,294 Posts
Shane,

Use washers or some other form of shim to move the motor around to straighten the thrust line. Now for starters we have to get the terminology correct before we begin. When you say 'turning' right, do you mean the right wing is dropping and turning right? Or do you mean 'turning' right as in yaw effect? If its turning right with yaw, as I was mentioning in the beginning use washers or shims and add it to the right side of the mount to add 'left' thrust to stop the nose from tracking right. It won't take much to adjust, I have just done it by trial and error.

Hope this helps.
thedeuce is offline Find More Posts by thedeuce
Old May 15, 2014, 02:54 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
698 Posts
Duce,
Yes the planes yaws to the right. I thought I was right in your explination but good to get it confirmed.

Shane
shanesmadhouse is offline Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just some of the hanger.