HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbow2 View Post
lol sorry. he just asked for help so i figured that was easier. in his orig post he didnt say anything about finding a preset so i gave him the individual.
Sirb*.... I hope you don't mind if I ask ... what kind of multirotor frame do you fly?
majik01 is offline Find More Posts by majik01
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:32 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,175 Posts
First post updated on MultiWii on HK MultiWii Mega Board WITH MTK 3329 GPS
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:54 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
Hey, thanks FernMan, I did all the things you mentioned and it all looks good in the GCS. Quad X is there and the GPS appears to work. I will see if I can get it flying now! About all I did other than what you mentioned was add my declination.
oddcopter is offline Find More Posts by oddcopter
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:10 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddcopter View Post
Hey, thanks FernMan, I did all the things you mentioned and it all looks good in the GCS. Quad X is there and the GPS appears to work. I will see if I can get it flying now! About all I did other than what you mentioned was add my declination.
awesome! ill also have to add that to the first post.Thanks!
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:22 PM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,314 Posts
Quote:
looks great, keep up the good work..
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:24 AM
Emress
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majik01 View Post
Sirb*.... I hope you don't mind if I ask ... what kind of multirotor frame do you fly?
you challenge my experience haha

http://dduino.blogspot.com/2012/04/q...build-log.html
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:52 AM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
5,314 Posts
Quote:
yes you have to reupload to do those things.

for the IMU section, un comment these:
• ITG3205 Triple Axis Gyro
• BMA180 Accelerometer
• BMP085 Barometer
• HMC5883L Magnetometer

if youre going into MWC you better learn hte config file, as i said in the gchat. i will skype or something and show you. way easier that way.
Ok, I give in, I am impressed by use of fancy terms just like the next guy.

I have no clue what you mean, I am not really keen on cryptic guessing games.

Could you please explain exactly what you mean by all that in plain English which I may be able to comprehend..
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:37 AM
R/C ruined me, But i have fun!
Denmark, Nordjylland, Nørresundby
Joined Jan 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Para ... did you upload a new sketch or did you use what was pre-loaded on the board? What I noticed with the pre-loaded board is that the FC freezes when you tilt it beyond a certain angle which is what you are describing .... so I would suggest uploading a new sketch. Not that hard and the board IS stable .... specially if you balance your props and use simonK flashed ESC's.
Yes i have done that several times. Could it be the PID settings too high or the ESC's calibrated wrong?

Regards,
Martin.
ParamiLL is offline Find More Posts by ParamiLL
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:57 AM
United States, CA, Auburn
Joined Jan 2009
719 Posts
Quote:
Pinoy ... Post #262 has a short how-to for the GPS and two methods to configure the GPS using the MKT tool and the MWC dev release in case your GPS is not properly configured..
bit frustrated when i try to flash gps w/ the mtk. followed every thing on the pdf instructions but comes out "fail" w/ a funky red "x"..lol i want the doughnut!..what could i be doing wrong ..btw at wingui looks good still and red dot flashes ..and on the map still seems working although it seems wondering around few feet based on the size of my roof on the map..
pinoydad is online now Find More Posts by pinoydad
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
My apologies - not challenging at all - just asking a simple question.

Thanks for sharing the link. Nice blog .. lots of good information and very informative. Where were you when I needed you? I began this phase of the RC hobby many moons ago swimming through the hard core Mutliwii threads trying to figure out what people were talking about....

Now to my point. My high standing landing gears arrive the other day. I have my two axis gimbal ready to go. I know how to enable cam stab in config.h / Aux switching. However, not much out info out there for "tilting" a stabilized gimbal to look "down or up". Do you know how "camera tilt" is activated in cam stab mode? In the board, I can assign a channel to an analog pot for that function and free up a channel just for that purpose.

EDIT ----

I may have found the answer to my question. In config.h under Cam Stab, there are lines that enable mixing to the gimbal servos via Aux3 and Aux4 and that allows the gimbal servos to be moved while being stabilized. If my hunch is correct, I could have my quad FPV set up for HD videos pretty soon.
Last edited by majik01; Dec 09, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoydad View Post
bit frustrated when i try to flash gps w/ the mtk. followed every thing on the pdf instructions but comes out "fail" w/ a funky red "x"..lol i want the doughnut!..what could i be doing wrong ..btw at wingui looks good still and red dot flashes ..and on the map still seems working although it seems wondering around few feet based on the size of my roof on the map..
Pinoy .. you should congratulate yourself !!! if you can see your roof on the WinGUI "map" your GPS is already working. BUT did you input the magnetic declination into config.h? Very important to get that in or your quad will fly crazy circles and could crash. The tutorial is on the EOSBandi GPS write up. You have to reload the sketch - but you know that already.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Great job TheFernMan ... yo the MAN !
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParamiLL View Post
Yes i have done that several times. Could it be the PID settings too high or the ESC's calibrated wrong?

Regards,
Martin.
Silly question but have to ask anyway. Did you calibrate your ESC's with the same programming? You may have different ESC/motor calibrations and the board is trying to compensate. You can sometimes tell if the ECS beeps when you power on do not happen at the same time ...
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:35 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
Yeah, Fernman, that first page looks great!

Well, either I am getting better at this or multiwii has really improved over the last year, or both! I did a maiden and it flew great with no PID adjustments. I need to figure out what to do in addition to enabling the baro to get altitude hold to work and then try the GPS, but over all I was really impressed with how it flew.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:28 PM
Quadcopter Addict
Joined Nov 2011
322 Posts
So this BMP085 Barometer is not the best from what I have read. Any PID setting or tips on getting it dialed in for alt hold?

Edit: I have it holding pretty well now, if I get the throttle in just the right spot. However, I think I like flying it better with the baro off. It is not as jumpy and stays more level in flight.

HT-450 Frame with SK3 2826-1130kv Motors 8 inch props

Pitch and Roll PIDs - 9.1/.045/23
Alt PID - 2/.02/7

Oh, and I covered the baro with a piece of foam rubber.
Last edited by oddcopter; Dec 07, 2012 at 05:24 PM.