SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 23, 2014, 04:59 AM
Winter sucks
United States, NY, Big Flats
Joined Nov 2013
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abieex View Post
After struggling to get this to fly better I decided to do some of the mods. Carbon on the fuse bottom, new clevises, decolage adjustment, vert stab reinforcement, and moved the cg to 3" for a starter. I'll do a power off glide test on Saturday morning. I'm also going to dial down the rates and add some expo. Pic 1 shows nose heavy at 3" so I added 6 grams of weight below tail skid. It was also nose heavy at 2.5". Wish me luck!http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/im...tor/attach.gif
I'm sure it'll fly good, but I would suggest gold-n-rods, or take your pick of any upgraded control rod/ housing combination upgrade (just make sure they are flexible) because the stock ones suck ASS.

After I installed the goldnrods the centering was great and it felt like a new (different) plane. It was every bit as good as I could have hoped for. Ball joints on rudder and elevator control horn too. Need clevis on one of the servos because of space limitations (you'll see what I mean when/ if you do the mod). Does wonders!!

BWX_ is online now Find More Posts by BWX_
Last edited by BWX_; Aug 23, 2014 at 05:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2014, 06:51 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abieex View Post
I'm not the best pilot but I love to learn from those that are. Any additional equip I may need other than my radian/transmitter? I have a better shot at Atlantic City.
The Soaring Circuits CAM is about $40. Here is a link. At the bottom of the page are a list of distributors where you can buy it.
http://www.soaringcircuits.com/

To attend this contest would be about a 7 hour drive for you. Now, that may seem a long way but I will be attending an Eastern Soaring League contest in September that I drive 7 hours to attend. My wife comes with me. That one will be flow from winches rather than electric launched. www.flyesl.org.

Why would I drive that far? Because it is fun. It is like a mini vacation weekend. The other pilots are friends. My wife has come to know many of the women and it is a little get away. I drive down on Friday and drive back Sunday. I could take an extra day and come back Monday if we wanted to stretch it out.

My club is the Long Island Silent Flyers - www.lisf.org
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Aug 23, 2014 at 07:09 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 09:55 AM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
The Soaring Circuits CAM is about $40. Here is a link. At the bottom of the page are a list of distributors where you can buy it.
http://www.soaringcircuits.com/

To attend this contest would be about a 7 hour drive for you. Now, that may seem a long way but I will be attending an Eastern Soaring League contest in September that I drive 7 hours to attend. My wife comes with me. That one will be flow from winches rather than electric launched. www.flyesl.org.

Why would I drive that far? Because it is fun. It is like a mini vacation weekend. The other pilots are friends. My wife has come to know many of the women and it is a little get away. I drive down on Friday and drive back Sunday. I could take an extra day and come back Monday if we wanted to stretch it out.

My club is the Long Island Silent Flyers - www.lisf.org
I will second the recommendation. I used to do the ESL circuit years back and they are a great group of guys. Wish I still had the practice time to compete. For a long time my goal was not winning, it was placing "not last". There is a core group of people that make long drives regularly to attend all the ESL contests
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: And into the winter season...
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:47 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,465 Posts
I go to enjoy myself, see people I like and to fly my best. Winning would be icing on the cake.

A Radian with a prop and battery change is all you need to come and play.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Aug 23, 2014, 02:35 PM
Canada, QC, Saint-Rémi
Joined Sep 2013
662 Posts
We also have a contest on Aug.30
Canadians, Americans and Radians are all welcome !
http://www.rcflightdeck.com/event_de...?event_id=3751
FabFlight is offline Find More Posts by FabFlight