HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Roswalt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:11 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 93
Sold
UMX Geebee R2 w/AS3X, BNF

This is the new Geebee R2 UMX airplane, Bind-N-Fly with AS3X stabilization technology. I received this as a gift but it really doesn't fit my flying style.

Condition rates a 9/10. Minor cosmetic scuffs in places you would expect, but no crashes or anything serious at all.

This plane does love to nose-over on landing - Luckily, the plane was deliberately designed with nose-overs in mind and every area you would hit during a nose or roll over is protected with plastic shields! Pretty smart designers out there.

I made two changes -I added a few strips of tape along the wingtips - minor scuffing over there. Also, I put on a larger diameter prop (Hyper Taxi) to get a little extra push - It worked out pretty well, but to be totally honest it didn't make a huge difference over stock. Stock prop is included as well - it has a couple of scratches from the inevitable nose-over but its in great shape.

Comes with the original box, instructions, charger with clips, and battery. Ready to go if you have a 4-channel DSM2 transmitter of some kind.

$145 shipped - Payment via Paypal, please. I'd love to go even lower than that, but the size of this box is going to raise shipping costs for me considerably. I've never seen a UMX box this big before!
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:25 PM
Consumer of Toast
USA, NY, Ashville
Joined Nov 2010
258 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
I didn't realize how big these things actually were until I saw one in person. It has to be the biggest "micro" out there.
KrazyKoots is offline Find More Posts by KrazyKoots
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:17 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Agreed - I think the Geebee box is 2.5 times larger than the Stryker 180 box! It sure does handle wind well though, with that extra size and the stabilization system.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:22 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
Trader Rating: 75
LT-- You can delete his post. You are the moderator of your sale threads
CarreraGTSCS is online now Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:13 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Thanks Carrera, I don't like to do things like that unless it is patently offensive, but you're right. It just adds clutter and there's really no value added.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:19 PM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
860 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt View Post
Thanks Carrera, I don't like to do things like that unless it is patently offensive, but you're right. It just adds clutter and there's really no value added.
is it just me, or are today's "ultra micro's" getting bigger?
knifeedge63 is offline Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:20 PM
Consumer of Toast
USA, NY, Ashville
Joined Nov 2010
258 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt View Post
If a bird craps on your car...................you clean it.

So If a Troll Craps on your thread you should do the same.
KrazyKoots is offline Find More Posts by KrazyKoots
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
These are very cool planes. I think EFlite was very shrewd coming out with the Gee Bee R1, a notoriously difficult plane to fly, as their first flight stabilized model. I'll get one eventually. A small plane that flies like a big plane is really nice. Can't wait to see one in the flesh at the WRAM Show this weekend.

Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:27 AM
down & out
Joined Dec 2006
202 Posts
Trader Rating: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
These are very cool planes. I think EFlite was very shrewd coming out with the Gee Bee R1, a notoriously difficult plane to fly, as their first flight stabilized model. I'll get one eventually. A small plane that flies like a big plane is really nice. Can't wait to see one in the flesh at the WRAM Show this weekend.

Mike
When did they do that? I missed it.
I thought the r2 was the first Gee Bee from eFlite?
GLWS
camperfan is offline Find More Posts by camperfan
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:55 AM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
I have to share a somewhat embarassing story... I had about given up on this plane, mostly because I just wasn't any good at landing it. Even what looked like a perfect touchdown would cause it to try a nose over.

I logged 12 perfect landings on the Geebee yesterday evening, after discovering why I had so much trouble with nose-overs earlier. It was so simple - the wheel pants! One had some loose foam along the side that was contacting the wheel itself every time I set it down, which prevented one wheel from spinning freely. That extra drag was causing my plane to want to tip every time!

It took me 5 seconds to move that out of the way for good, and now I'm not sure I want to sell it after all! What a great flier - The slow speed is really beginning to impress me, I've never seen tighter loops from any plane I have ever owned, and the flight times have been far longer than my UM Stryker generally turns in (But that thing is usually in full-ballistic mode all the time!)
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperfan View Post
When did they do that? I missed it.
I thought the r2 was the first Gee Bee from eFlite?
GLWS
Meant R2
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:42 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Trader Rating: 49
what would you take now that it's been flown a little more? anything? or are you enjoying it too much?

-casey
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:40 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
316 Posts
Now I want one haha
beercandan11 is offline Find More Posts by beercandan11
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:56 AM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
I could probably go down another $10.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:27 PM
You know our motto, We deliver
Texas
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
man if i had the cash i would buy that in a heartbeat but i dont. but i do live in cibolo as well and i can ask around and see if anyone wants to buy it. oh and are you in the tri-city flyers or the TRIC indoor club?
Mason W. is offline Find More Posts by Mason W.
Closed Thread