HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2014, 06:52 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
Friday sounds great, Just can't wait to get started on it. Thanks for trying to get it done. I would love to see the fpv video from the 36" SliderBat when it's up and running.
The plan on the 36" is just put it together fast and furious to see what power package will work like I want it.... and then FPV it to death before building up a nicer one.
pecanpatch is offline Find More Posts by pecanpatch
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2014, 07:58 PM
Mr. Breeze
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
The plan on the 36" is just put it together fast and furious to see what power package will work like I want it.... and then FPV it to death before building up a nicer one.
Yes!
Ho-Jazz is offline Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old Jun 23, 2014, 08:27 PM
Thermal Seeker
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Feb 2011
3,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecanpatch View Post
I bet a Power 10 or cheap equivalent will haul the plane and any FPV gear without any issue. Maybe even a good 480.

What kinda foam are you going to use? Joel used the 1/2 inch foam sheets from HD. Plenty stout and still light.
electrich is offline Find More Posts by electrich
Old Jun 23, 2014, 08:51 PM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich View Post
I bet a Power 10 or cheap equivalent will haul the plane and any FPV gear without any issue. Maybe even a good 480.

What kinda foam are you going to use? Joel used the 1/2 inch foam sheets from HD. Plenty stout and still light.
480 should do fine.... I want to fly the Path of Pandemonium
Old Jun 24, 2014, 09:33 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,433 Posts
Hmm think this one is going to have to get printed out and put in the build pile to construct a night flyer while I'm laid up during July. Just subscribing now, will be back to suggest power systems and ask lighting questions later (and figure out where or how to get or make cowls).
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Jun 24, 2014, 09:48 AM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
Hmm think this one is going to have to get printed out and put in the build pile to construct a night flyer while I'm laid up during July. Just subscribing now, will be back to suggest power systems and ask lighting questions later (and figure out where or how to get or make cowls).
Cowls? you mean canopies?

They are available from www.parkflyerplastics.com

here ya go

http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...keyword=geobat
Old Jun 24, 2014, 09:59 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Joined Sep 2011
1,433 Posts
Yep, that's the ticket. Will have to sort through my motor bin and see what I have to power one with, from 1300kv BW up to a Bigfoot 110 (which isn't an option since I'm not Laine or Tim).

Thanks for the link pecan, how noisy is this in normal flight? Most of the vids I see in a fast look have sound tracks. Figure it's kind of pusher and kind of prop in slot but probably not as loud as either, but louder than a tractor.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:38 AM
United States, GA, Dunwoody
Joined Feb 2011
655 Posts
The 1/2" foam Geobat came out quite tail heavy and required lead in the leading edge to bring the CG into spec. It's still flies great but slightly tail low. Also I'd hate to catch it. Waiting to build the smaller version out of thinner foam, perhaps anything other than Depron. The Geobat always brings favorable comments.
BeechMusketeer is offline Find More Posts by BeechMusketeer
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:23 AM
West Long Branch, NJ
Joined Oct 2003
958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
Yep, that's the ticket. Will have to sort through my motor bin and see what I have to power one with, from 1300kv BW up to a Bigfoot 110 (which isn't an option since I'm not Laine or Tim).

Thanks for the link pecan, how noisy is this in normal flight? Most of the vids I see in a fast look have sound tracks. Figure it's kind of pusher and kind of prop in slot but probably not as loud as either, but louder than a tractor.
Jason,

Rich was flying one at Warwick this weekend (I got a chance to fly it myself). It's pretty darn quiet as long as you don't put the prop in a slot like the very original version, and flies very nice

Rob
stangrob is offline Find More Posts by stangrob
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:50 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Joined Sep 2011
1,433 Posts
Yeah, to be honest watching rich twirl his a foot off the ground like Mary Poppins on meth was one of the things that brought the bat into the forefront of my thoughts. I've been texting with rich a bit for some support on building some of the planes he's designed, he's as good a designer as he is a pilot.

Me I'm still an intermediate pilot on a good day, and my designs mainly consist of bodges and kludges of multiple existing designs. And you'll observe me focusing on planes that lend themselves to slow night flight that can be cut from MPF easily.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:00 AM
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
8,090 Posts
Yea , we got away from the prop in the slot.... That is why the Sliderbat deserves a fresh thread... soon soon soon
Old Jun 27, 2014, 01:51 AM
Joined Jun 2014
1 Posts
Geobat in 24 inch coroplast

does any one have a 24inch coroplast geobat plan? will be highly obliged if someone can share the same - depron and FFF are not available in mumbai india.....
vijayraj is offline Find More Posts by vijayraj