New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2015, 08:47 AM
Find More Posts by JimNM
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,801 Posts
FWIW - I have the RES. I added a NACA scoop to the rear of the fuse by replacing the bell crank cover. I opened the inlets a little bit with a dremel.

When the plane is moving fast enough to whistle through the fuse - I am just short of flutter speed. I have fluttered on climb due to too shallow of angle and WOT into the wind (on 4s, 850 Kv and stock 14x8 prop). I need to re-tighten the covering on the wings before I fly again as a preventative measure.

The Mystique is not a NASCAR hotliner kind of flyer - nor is a designed as a carry-all FPV truck. What it IS- is a glider and it can fly very nicely for not too much effort or investment.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2015, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by Rudix
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2013
346 Posts
I agree Jim, every plane has it's limits, if you want a warm/hotliner this is not the plane, but if you want a plane that can glide and thermal better than any warm/hotliner this is a great option!

If you are getting it to flutter you are doing something wrong....

While I am waiting to hear what is going to happen about my warped fuselage (so far nothing other than the local supplier wanting to "fix" it) I have acquired a F3B plane that I want to convert to electric for those days that are really windy.

I am sure it won't be easy to get this 3m hollow molded carbon/aramid fiber plane to flutter! But I am also sure on a quiet day with light lift the Mystique would out thermal it.

Hope to get my Mystique sorted out quickly, I found another one locally that was build but not flown, it seems straight so I put in an offer to buy it, I would know Friday if the hangar now contains 2 x Mystiques
Rudix is online now Find More Posts by Rudix