HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:18 PM
Philippines, NCR, Quezon City
Joined Apr 2012
662 Posts
Discussion
KK2.0 Board ESC Calibration

I just tried calibrating my ESCs using the KK2.0 board. Followed the steps by holding the buttons 1 & 4, Tx at full throttle. Once i plugged the battery, motors start spinning at full throttle. It didn't go to programming mode. Did this couple of times to make sure that I'm holding the buttons 1 & 4. Same thing happen. I had no choice but to reprogram the ESCs one by one.
DYORD is offline Find More Posts by DYORD
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:46 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
368 Posts
firmware version?
albx is online now Find More Posts by albx
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Apr 2012
662 Posts
I think it's the earliest where ESC calibration instructions are still there. Probably 1.1? Just ordered the USBasp. But for now, I'm forced to calibrate the ESCs one by one.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:54 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
368 Posts
Calibration is in every version, after the 1.1, if i'm not wrong, was made simpler... in 1.1 you need to go in the menu and calibrate from there, with the 1.2 and later you have to do like you are doing now.. keep pressed button 1 and 4 while powering the board with full throttle... Update your firmware or look at the menu
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:56 AM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,143 Posts
The KK2 ESC calibration method has never changed. Its the same from 1.0 through till 1.5

Here is a video I made of the process:
Calibrate ESC's using the KK2 Board (0 min 50 sec)
subaru4wd is offline Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:20 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
The KK2 ESC calibration method has never changed. Its the same from 1.0 through till 1.5

Here is a video I made of the process:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAaO6lyN0HI
No, it was different in the first firmware version, I remember it was more complicated.. you had to go in the menu and do it from there.. then KK changed it and made simpler
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:28 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3,143 Posts
No, you are wrong.

The process has never changed. In 1.0 there was a menu option for ESC Calibration, but all it did was give you directions on how to perform the ESC calibration. The method never changed, it has always been the same.

That video I made, was made with v1.0 firmware.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:41 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
No, you are wrong.

The process has never changed. In 1.0 there was a menu option for ESC Calibration, but all it did was give you directions on how to perform the ESC calibration. The method never changed, it has always been the same.

That video I made, was made with v1.0 firmware.
Listen.. in the first version you hsd to go in the menu, later it was removed, so isn't changed? Maybe you don't understand what I mean.. the calib with the 2 keys isn't changed, but early version didn't let you do it right now, you HAD to go in the menu and start it, it didn't worked if yiu powered the biard with the buttons pressed like now
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:53 AM
Joined Oct 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk View Post
Note that ESC calibration is a bit simpler now. You can plug in the battery and then press the buttons, since the welcome screen adds a bit delay. No need for 4 hands
Since 1.2
ElectroDie is offline Find More Posts by ElectroDie
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:30 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroDie View Post
Since 1.2

Thanks, I'm with my phone couldn't search it, I remember how difficult was for me, had to ask my wife's help to do the calib.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Apr 2012
662 Posts
Ok, here it is: (i think)

There's a menu says esc calibration, then tons of instructions. I think menu is just there for the instruction.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:24 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYORD View Post
Ok, here it is: (i think)

There's a menu says esc calibration, then tons of instructions. I think menu is just there for the instruction.
DYORD, If you can update the board's firmware is better, to 1.4 if you don't need to drive a gimbal, otherwise to 1.5. Calibration is made easy, you really need 4 hands to do it right now with this version, and some bugs where fixed with newer versions
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:15 AM
Joined Apr 2012
662 Posts
I just ordered usbasp. And its on its way! Will let you know after the update!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by albx View Post
Listen.. in the first version you hsd to go in the menu, later it was removed, so isn't changed? Maybe you don't understand what I mean.. the calib with the 2 keys isn't changed, but early version didn't let you do it right now, you HAD to go in the menu and start it, it didn't worked if yiu powered the biard with the buttons pressed like now
LISTEN! Maybe YOU dont UNDERSTAND!

THE PROCESS NEVER CHANGED! The only thing 1.2 did was remove the instructions from the menu, and added a short delay on bootup. The process is still the same.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:17 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
368 Posts
subaru4wd, it's good that your posts are hidden.... I love this forum