HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:55 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serginho_la View Post
Someone could tell me how do I work the audio with this cable, using a GoPro.
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=289

The audio plug on this cable has only one wire.
I do not know if I can connect it to the EagleTree Pro without the Ground wire, and I have no idea what to do on Audio Out.
hi serginho,

you need no extra ground for audio to the osd.

the audio signal from the gopro is referred to the goproīs ground (coming with the video).
in the osd the V+ and GND pins are connected between "in" and "out" and in our common used video tx also. that means that the GND from gopro is connected through the osd to the video tx.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:51 AM
San Francisco
Joined May 2009
1,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Hi Randy,

I have not enabled PPM yet, but I wonder if it will help to run the Servo analysis wizzard at this time.

Now that all of the servos are hooked up.

-Mike
Hi Mike,

I tried your suggestion, but that didnt work. It's strange that the OSD shows its getting the inputs from the Rx but the ail and elev don't move. One thing, the ESC starts up normally, but as soon as I plug the vid batt in, it's starts making strange beeping noises I have not heard before, but it still works normally.

Randy
rsowder is offline Find More Posts by rsowder
Last edited by rsowder; Mar 05, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 03:42 PM
Alicante, Espaņa
Joined Jun 2010
379 Posts
I installed today the new software and try the sppm option with one wire, and it didn't worked.
Everything was perfect, all the chnnels showing the the movement I was making with the sticks, in the servos deflections on the screen, and also I could move the elevator and ailerons on the plane. But...first problem, I was not able to move the throtle from the radio. And the second problem I had was when I press OK button to upload the changes to the OSD, the servos of the elevator and ailerons whent to their end point, I mean, the elevator move to the lower position, like if I was descending fast. And the ailerons servos move like if I was turning full to the left.

So I ran servo analisis wizard and I follow all the steps, and press ok to upload the result to the OSD. Then I select again "Parameters to display on video OSD", and the program was still telling me that I needed to run Servo Analisis Wizard.
catamar is offline Find More Posts by catamar
Last edited by catamar; Mar 05, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 05:32 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsowder View Post
Hi Mike,

I tried your suggestion, but that didnt work. It's strange that the OSD shows its getting the inputs from the Rx but the ail and elev don't move. One thing, the ESC starts up normally, but as soon as I plug the vid batt in, it's starts making strange beeping noises I have not heard before, but it still works normally.

Randy
So,

I guess you ran servo analysis wizzard via the PC also.

I've been busy repairing after a stall on landing, So I haven't even looked at the new feature, but I understand that there is a procedure to enabling PPM.

It will be interresting to find out the results on this one. I'm sure that it will be resolved quickly.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:35 AM
Joined Aug 2006
266 Posts
Hi guys,

Is there an obvious reason why my radar chevron does not leave home? I went through the whole manual and checked my setup and everything seemed ok. I even diminished the radius to 1000 to see if it would help.

Thanks
jackheli is offline Find More Posts by jackheli
Old Mar 06, 2012, 05:22 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackheli View Post
Hi guys,

Is there an obvious reason why my radar chevron does not leave home? I went through the whole manual and checked my setup and everything seemed ok. I even diminished the radius to 1000 to see if it would help.

Thanks
hi jackheli,

the chevron is "coupled" to the gps-data, the movements are scaled to the radius.

you have set already the radius to a small value. do you get a valid gps fix? is there a change of the gps coordinates showing when you move the plane?

cheers Thomas
Old Mar 06, 2012, 07:35 AM
UK, Winchester, Winchester
Joined Oct 2007
42 Posts
Didn't get a reply.to this earlier: can anyone give an answer?
Do any 'regular' rx's have serial PPM out or do you have to go hacking into the rx to get the serial ppm output straight from the chip?
cadsteve is offline Find More Posts by cadsteve
Old Mar 06, 2012, 10:51 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2009
282 Posts
Does this look right to you guys? i didn't draw the GPS, Altimiter V4 and the Guardian, but is there any ground loops? thanks.

btw, VREG is the SEPIC Voltage regulator from DPCAV
Taiping is online now Find More Posts by Taiping
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Aug 2006
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
hi jackheli,

the chevron is "coupled" to the gps-data, the movements are scaled to the radius.

you have set already the radius to a small value. do you get a valid gps fix? is there a change of the gps coordinates showing when you move the plane?

cheers Thomas
Hi Thomas,

Maybe I should display the GPS coordinates... I took them off the OSD.

I'll try that on the weekend and post back.
jackheli is offline Find More Posts by jackheli
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:09 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiping View Post
Does this look right to you guys? i didn't draw the GPS, Altimiter V4 and the Guardian, but is there any ground loops? thanks.

btw, VREG is the SEPIC Voltage regulator from DPCAV
It looks like you understand what you are doing...
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Mar 06, 2012, 12:04 PM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackheli View Post
Hi Thomas,

Maybe I should display the GPS coordinates... I took them off the OSD.

I'll try that on the weekend and post back.
hi jackheli,

sorry, but thatīs not your issue ... i also fly without the gps coordinates on the "screen". have you set the logger to log "all gps data" ?

cheers Thomas
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:26 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,872 Posts
Ok so, I'm a little worried about my RTH. I have it set up using the Carlyle method and tonight I was testing it to make sure it would activate when I throttled down and it does, but if I touch any of the controls it de-activates, but when the sticks are left to settle again it activates again. Is this normal or do I have to change a setting somewhere?
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:44 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,872 Posts
I think I may have answered my own question.

If video comes back after losing it, you will take control of the plane right? So you won't need RTH to run any longer. If you get visual on the plane LOS then again, you'll take control of the plane and won't need RTH any longer either. So, have I got the concept or is it wishful thinking?
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Mar 07, 2012, 04:57 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2006
538 Posts
You do indeed have the concept - when return to home is activated it will be canceled with stick movements and resume with no stick movements so when you activate return to home that's the time to put down your TX and have your lunch break
helichoper is offline Find More Posts by helichoper
Old Mar 07, 2012, 05:18 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helichoper View Post
You do indeed have the concept - when return to home is activated it will be canceled with stick movements and resume with no stick movements so when you activate return to home that's the time to put down your TX and have your lunch break
hi teamsherman,
thatīs the way to use rth

fly out until your video get lost ... activate rth ... and enjoy the birds-view. if you find somthing interesting ... move the sticks to navigate to the target ... if you get boared of it, just let the sticks go. take a coffe or coke and wait until you hear the plane above you.

cheers Thomas