HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2013, 07:04 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2 View Post
Who died & put you in charge of my life history ?
Look, no one on LTUP or RCG is in charge of your life. Don't think otherwise.

But don't think that wild hare stores will go unchallenged, either.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Nov 14, 2013, 07:38 PM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,113 Posts
I can not believe a wild hare story about you finding both your mom & dads yearbooks.
Those statements will not go unchallanged, either.
cyclops2 is offline Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Nov 15, 2013, 03:18 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,280 Posts
Quote:
I can not believe a wild hare story about you finding both your mom & dads yearbooks.
Those statements will not go unchallanged, either.
Yeah, that's probably logical from your viewpoint. Of course there is no way that I'm going to release personal data, so you'll just have to live with the disappointment. But you made a general claim about an entire company, not just a personal claim dintcha?

Oh, and I do have a general reputation for backing up my claims about entire companies.

Princess Bride ( Sword Fight [Get Used To Dissapointment] ) (0 min 9 sec)
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Nov 15, 2013, 08:32 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Quote:
There are no favored relatives on a companies staffing ?
Esso years ago REQUIRED that to be hired, you had to have a close relative there to sponsor you. I had applied. Was told.
I, for one, believe you, but also believe that whoever told you that was either misinformed or lying or the local Esso managers had an informal, possibly union-driven, policy to hire relatives.
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Nov 15, 2013, 09:42 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
I, for one, believe you, but also believe that whoever told you that was either misinformed or lying or the local Esso managers had an informal, possibly union-driven, policy to hire relatives.
Some years ago, I knew a guy who worked at the Plain Dealer, making good money in production (he was a Teamster). He suggested I interview, so I did. The paper was willing to hire me but I had to go talk to the union boss. When I did, he said he'd get back to me...he never did. When I called him some weeks later he said "hold your water, boy!" I never got the job. I found out that unless you were related to someone there you weren't getting in.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Old Nov 15, 2013, 09:48 AM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
The market told us GM was no longer wanted and it's resources needed to go elsewhere. It's time to listen.
Pretty much correct, but since 1 in 7 in the US is (or was) employed in the auto industry and GM was the largest, it was "too big to fail." They were sorta like the guy in the joke who could write and check and bounce the BANK.

So whaddya do, prevent companies from getting that large and us from being so dependent on one industry? "What's good for General Motors is good for the USA!"
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932