SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 08:12 PM
Joined Aug 2014
5 Posts
Possible paint suggestions...

Ok so I'm new to this forum and may have missed the answer to my questions... I found the paint scuffs off so easily. I know I'm the only one with this issue. I tried covering it with Krylon gloss acrylic clear to help seal the paint. Still with the slightest scuffing off comes the paint...
So..
Tonight I took a some Dap flexible spackle. Gave one side of half the horizontal stab a light covering sanded with 220 and primed it. Then took a can of the closest blue testor's had and pulled the pin and bombed it. Did one coat of color, sanded with 400 grit and blew another coat on. Doesn't look bad at all AND !! I could drag my finger nails over the paint and it stuck !!
Was thinking of doing the white and blue, but may do the blue only. If I do both colors I'm hoping it'll help keep it clean and keep the grunge of handling down. Has anyone any suggestions or experience with painting.... So far it seems this model master will hold up. I'm going to do the whole elevator and see how it holds up...
BTW any got any other suggestions for other colors? looking for something eye catching..
sbuchho345 is offline Find More Posts by sbuchho345
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 08:16 PM
United States, WA, Marysville
Joined May 2012
289 Posts
I own a t-28 that someone spackled the entire plane to fill all the dents and divots. he said it looked great after he painted it until a few landings and stresses of flying, everything started to crack. I would say if you keep it very thin you might be okay
Adipose is online now Find More Posts by Adipose
Old Today, 08:22 PM
Gravity is weak but persistant
United States, NY, Port Crane
Joined Aug 2009
293 Posts
I touch mine up with acrylic; Testors Ford Engine blue. The gray is a hair darker than Gunship Gray
Charlie P (NY) is online now Find More Posts by Charlie P (NY)
Old Today, 08:52 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanick View Post
I have a Carbon Z coming that needs to be repowered. Has a BL50 whatever that is. Most seem to repower with an e-flite power 60. I have an almost new Cobra 4120-14 which will fit but will it work? Prop chart does not recommend a 15x6E at 6s
only 3s. (Not an acrobatic flyer)
Thanks in advance Hanick
Cobra Specifications:
Stator Diameter: 41.0 mm (1.614 in)
Stator Thickness: 20.0 mm (0.787 in)
No. of Stator Arms: 12
No. of Magnet Poles: 14
Motor Wind: 14 Turn Delta
Motor Kv: 710 RPM / Volt
No-Load Current (Io): 1.99 Amps @ 14 Volts
Motor Resistance (Rm) Per Phase: 0.027 Ohms
Motor Resistance (Rm) Phase to Phase: 0.018 Ohms
Max Continuous Current: 68 Amps
Max Continuous Power on 4S LiPo: 1000 Watts
Max Continuous Power on 5S Li-Po: 1260 Watts
Max Continuous Power on 6S Li-Po: 1510 Watts
Weight: 293 Grams (10.34 oz)
Outside Diameter:49.8 mm (1.961 in)
Shaft Diameter: 6.00 mm (0.236 in)
Body Length: 51.8 mm (2.039 in)
Overall Shaft Length: 74.5 mm (2.933 in)

The above motor is too high a KV. You want a 15" prop on this plane. The motor specs you listed suggests a 13 or 14" prop to prevent over amping the motor.

I would suggest flying it stock. The BL50 is fine so long as you don't over prop the stock motor. I run the Power 60 because I always modify every plane I buy.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Today, 09:31 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfinator81 View Post
Has anybody come up with a way to balance these wheels? They are the perfect match for this Cub...had em' for a while and would love to try them out...I realize they are no longer available. Lemme know...thanks!

Murf
Surface RC wheels are balanced on a prop balancer using putty or something as the balancing weight placed on the backside of the rim and as far out from the center as possible, which means the least amount of weight added to get a balance. You'll need a balancer that can support the weight of the wheel... something like the Du-Bro Tru-Spin which is what I use for all things RC and is probably the most popular one out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ4MN View Post
My PR Bush wheels vibrated the whole plane within a 10 foot take off. They are not out of round so there must be a glob of raw rubber inside on the tire itself. Only one of mine was real terrible, the other seemed ok.
Are you guys sure it's actually the tires?... it sounds to me like you're describing the crazy chatter you can get with a bearing-less wheel setup... i.e. ... bare hub rotating on music wire. My various 4" bushwheels I use on a couple of my park flyers do this pretty bad when free spinning them with my hand if I don't grease the axles/hubs once in a while.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member