HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:25 PM
mcg
Joined Jul 2005
709 Posts
Beautiful work.

Attached are some snapshots of the MC-72 and its engines. I took these at the museum on Lake Bracciano.
mcg is offline Find More Posts by mcg
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:27 PM
France, PACA, Peille
Joined Sep 2011
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsguns View Post
Here is my Macchi with the contrarotating props:

regards
Andi
Very nice Andy !
This is the Sebart Kit or a scratch built model ?
Do you have some pics of your contra-rotating system ?
Pascal06 is offline Find More Posts by Pascal06
Old Mar 12, 2013, 01:45 PM
Vienna
Joined Oct 2004
94 Posts
Hi,

its the Sebart Macchi. Pics of the setup and of the kit are her, its german but lots of pics. 5 Lipos and two controller. And dont forget to watch the video.

I am the one with the Supermarine S6 thread in that forum.

regards
Andi
gunsguns is offline Find More Posts by gunsguns
Old Mar 12, 2013, 02:02 PM
Joined Nov 2005
4,404 Posts
There were a lot of nice planes built for that trophy , I have modeled two of them , the Sopwith Tabloid which won the first race and the Savoia Marchetti S65 which was built and flown but not raced ( cooling problems )
lake flyer is offline Find More Posts by lake flyer
Old Mar 12, 2013, 03:06 PM
Vienna
Joined Oct 2004
94 Posts
Yep, Schneider racers are coooool! Just an engine and the minimum thats necessary to fly, no need for economy, place for pax or cargo, together with a vintage charme of pioneers

regards
Andi
gunsguns is offline Find More Posts by gunsguns
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:37 AM
France, PACA, Peille
Joined Sep 2011
54 Posts
Thanks Andy for the link !
Very nice job on this MC 72...I have a friend who's flying with the same kit from Sebart, it's a very nice seaplane !
Pascal06 is offline Find More Posts by Pascal06
Old Aug 26, 2013, 03:05 PM
Joined May 2013
90 Posts
Hey Wormboy, how is your MC.72 coming? Did you manage to compile/recreate a full set of plans for this airplane?
MasterB is offline Find More Posts by MasterB
Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:04 AM
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
661 Posts
Hi MasterB,

I got most of the way through the MC-72 CAD work but ran out of steam. I only have the Vertical stab to complete.
The learning curve on the program was quite steep in the beginning and while I now have my head around how to use it, the result for the MC-72 design is not that great.

I tried to digitize the individual parts and then peice them together (bottom up design) but this lead to errors in the digitizing process and the parts would never have made a model with the sleek lines of the original. A better solution will be to start with the outer skin and then chop it up into formers (top down design)

Now that I can use the program I will have to start the design again from scratch and TBH I have got other projects I am more interested in at the moment.

I fully expect to come back around to the Schneider racers but have "other fish to fry" so to speak.
Wormboy is online now Find More Posts by Wormboy