Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BdseidlerYouTube View Post
Solutions
1) Upgrade from a 200mw to a 800 or 1000mv FPV Tx

I already upgraded to an 800mw Tx and will get a 1000mw when available, Looking to get ether a FPV 7"monitor or a set of goggles to back up my 19"screen. Took my equipment out today and tested the heck out of everything. All Good.

Feel free to leave a suggestion in comments section. I'm not afraid to learn something new.http://youtu.be/FXzw9LaDnHc?list=UUx...2QXIn-MzbIbhqQ
Most of your solutions make pretty good sense but I'd have to disagree with your choice of a larger video transmitter. I can't imagine anyone running 1.3 on a multi needing anything more then 200mw. Anything above that is just extra RF to swamp your GPS and mess with your other gear along with adding to that noise floor that seems to be a contributing issue . I own more of this size transmitter then anything else and in my experience it's really nothing for them to reach out 10-12 miles with absolutely perfect video. The more of us that are out flying FPV, the more these choices become important. It's not only better for your system but it's being a good steward for the hobby and doing your part to help promote responsible flying. Just my opinion, but it could easily be the deciding factor if someone else is able to fly FPV across the city at the same time you are out (without reaping havoc on each other).
melsailsnorth is online now Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Last edited by melsailsnorth; Today at 11:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 11:28 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2013
220 Posts
Agreed... something else is killing your video at that distance- it isn't the 200mW Vtx. I suspect you have a high noise environment onboard your quad or bad wiring that is causing the issue. Get it working well with 200mW before you even CONSIDER a larger VtX. You simply don't need it. I have a 300mW on my Cinetank and have been out several miles with no video issues whatsoever.
RJBishop is online now Find More Posts by RJBishop