SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2010, 07:21 AM
Check out my RC Video Blog
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
I ordered this heli however, i got notice from bestofferbuy that the item is no longer produced and they offered a phoenix as a replacement or I could cancel my order. I opted to cancel my order.

Found this on Bestofferbuy.com this morning.

Controller looks the similar as the 6010 phoenix, but without the accel button
Frame looks similar too, with just a different canopy and lights

3 Channel (no Gyro listed)
20.00 Shipped

http://www.bestofferbuy.com/3channel...ihha6ja2ulfvs0

I ordered this heli however, i got notice from bestofferbuy that the item is no longer produced and they offered a phoenix as a replacement or I could cancel my order. I opted to cancel my order.
dwholler is offline Find More Posts by dwholler
Last edited by dwholler; Dec 31, 2010 at 01:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2010, 07:50 AM
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurpal View Post
That one ended. If they have another 10 I might just buy one of those too lol.

I saw that ebay item before I saw the post about it here. I went to sleep figuring that they would still be there when I woke up but I was wrong. Oh well, going to try out that 6020 to see how I like it.
I did the same thing, put it on my watch list around noon today and planned to pick one up tonight. Oh well.
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:01 AM
Sunny Florida
Joined Dec 2010
26 Posts
I emailed the seller, and she told me the only color they have is yellow. I was hoping to get a red one because I already have a yellow one. My arrival date is scheduled on the 3rd or 4th. The seller has alot of positive feedbacks as well. She also told me they sell other rc parts.

Thanks for the tip!
Airbandit is offline Find More Posts by Airbandit
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:14 AM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Great thread!

I have no link to offer for any sub $20 (delivered) heli, but just wanted to say that threads like this add a valuable resource to the group. Good job DW!

Ed
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:49 AM
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3 View Post
I have no link to offer for any sub $20 (delivered) heli, but just wanted to say that threads like this add a valuable resource to the group. Good job DW!

Ed
Thanks for the compliments... I figured it was the next step from some of the other threads I am subscribed to. After looking at them, I see they all had the same thing, relating to inexpensive 3 or 4 channel helicopters.

I don't know about you, but I start to balk at when a 3 channel is over a certain price. For me, its about $25. under that, its very considerable. Of course, there are always exceptions, like if its unique, in some way. I also will pay more for known brands such as the new Syma's (S102G, S108G, S109, S110G, S111G) that are coming out. I will be on those even though they are a little higher than I would normally pay.

For 4 channels my balk price goes up some. I try to stay under $50

I generally don't like 2 channels, but i think they are worthy to some people. So i include them here as there are a lot of good 2 channels that can be found for under $20
Last edited by dwholler; Dec 29, 2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:59 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwholler View Post

I don't know about you, but I start to balk at when a 3 channel is over a certain price. For me, its about $25. under that, its very considerable. Of course, there are always exceptions, like if its unique, in some way. I also will pay more for known brands such as the new Syma's (S102,S108G, S106)that are coming out. I will be on those even though they are a little higher than I would normally pay.
yes and there should be a lot of deals over the next couple of months in this price range considering january is stock clearance month in retail, then the chinese new years passes thereafter. For me to spend $25 on these it really has to be something special, i think i got spoiled on the last four i picked up;

2 x z005 at $15 each, 1 x s107 at $17 and u807 at $15 and all with delivery included
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:07 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwholler View Post
Found this on Bestofferbuy.com this morning.

Controller looks the same as the 6010 phoenix.
Frame looks similar too, with just a different canopy and lights

3 Channel (no Gyro listed)
20.00 Shipped

http://www.bestofferbuy.com/3channel...ihha6ja2ulfvs0

I ordered this heli.
Note, this is different than 6010, there is no "ACCEL" function or button on the TX.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:10 AM
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
doubletap, thanks, i have made a note of that in my original post

hopefully it will be just balls out fast and wont need the accel button.
i can only hope.
Last edited by dwholler; Dec 29, 2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 09:49 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
2 cheap toys in transit

Got my shipping confirmations from Best Offer Buy for heli deals shown on Posts #4 & #8
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:06 PM
Boothwyn, PA
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
I also ordered the yellow one in post 4. I figured for $15.30 shipped, why not, right?
zeros is offline Find More Posts by zeros
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:53 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Got my shipping confirmations from Best Offer Buy for heli deals shown on Posts #4 & #8
I saw this message scrolling on the left margin of BOB showing what items were recently bought. That you?

3.5-CH Infrared Control Rechargeable Indoor Metal Helicopter w/ Gyro No.809 Yellow
Ship to Boothwyn, United States
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:54 PM
Medford, New Jersey
Joined Jul 2002
718 Posts
Yup got my shipping notice on the 809 yellow too today.. its a race! Who gets it first?

thats not me by the way.. but i ordered mine on 26th Dec

I think Boothwyn is in PA.. so not Doubletap at least
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:56 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I saw this message scrolling on the left margin of BOB showing what items were recently bought. That you?

3.5-CH Infrared Control Rechargeable Indoor Metal Helicopter w/ Gyro No.809 Yellow
Ship to Boothwyn, United States

nope, I have no idea where is "Boothwyn, I'm in SoCal. Plus I ordered mine on 12/22
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:36 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Well, I broke down and ordered the No. 809 also ... and a couple of other non-heli stuff (cheap folding knife - search for E41508 on BOB, and some super strong magnets to put on oil filters on the cars).

It would not let me use the discount code SNAP10 because I used it once already. It did however let me use BOB10 for 10% off. Guess it keeps track of what discount codes you've used.

Also, when going into PayPal it doesn't show the 10% discounted total ... but when you pay BOB it shows the correct amount paid by PayPal ... strange, but it works.

Also, note that PayPal will charge you 1%. From PayPal's website: " A cross border fee of 1.0% applies to payments received from senders in another country."
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Dec 29, 2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 03:26 AM
Joined Nov 2006
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Note, this is different than 6010, there is no "ACCEL" function or button on the TX.
Ah more than that I am afraid. The frame itself is enitirely different from the landing gear up to the motor mounting. Some aspects look similar though.
Kurpal is offline Find More Posts by Kurpal