SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Esprit Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 02:34 AM
Team JetiUSA
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Nov 2008
1,050 Posts
Correction! 9303.
pvogel is offline Find More Posts by pvogel
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2014, 08:49 AM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,218 Posts
Spektrum Bridge: Incremental Approach?

I built a Jeti to Spektrum bridge using a DM9 Spektrum module (several approaches, search the group.) This allows me to fly the BNF HH models that either (1) are not easily converted to Jeti (e.g., ultra micro...) or (2) don't yet have the budget for the Jeti equipment.

This way, you can incrementally convert the fleet without having to spend the full $2K (your estimate) all upfront.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
I started with a Futaba 9CAPS and then switched to a x9303. A few years ago, I sold that radio and upgraded to the x9503 for what amounts to about $50. To this day, I believe the x9503 is the best spektrum radio ever made. Currently, I see absolutely no reason to switch to any newer radio system. The only thing my x9503 lacks is battery capacity based alarms, and to a certain extent, I have that now with my JetiBox Profi. So, the only thing I need now are Mezon ESCs in sizes and ratings not currently offered.

While I do know a few people who have 'upgraded' to a new radio almost every year, most of the pilots I know have been using the same JR/Spektrum radio as long as I've known them.

Sure, I'd love to have a DS-14 or DS-16 but for me, as I said earlier, it would be an investment of about $2k to buy the radio AND switch all my Spektrum equipped models to Jeti.
Snowflake6515 is offline Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
RCG Plus Member