HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 03:29 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkintx View Post
I had the first QX and about 100 flight in my FC just smoked & let out the famous ghost... Story of my life. I have no idea why. I was using all HH products no mods or anything. I should've sent it in but had to leave for work. 9 months later I don't believe theres anything that can be done aside from buy a new FC.
I sent in my much modified 5 yr old Dx5e after I had worn the pots out and they fixed it for free. It might be worth talking to HH, sometimes they can be astonishingly helpful.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM
Joined Nov 2014
45 Posts
CGO-1 Interference

So I finally received the back ordered mount for the CGO-1 I purchased in December, installed it and went for a flight, had my 350-QX (Fmwr V2) in smart mode with GPS lock, as soon as I turned on the CGO-1 I lost GPS lock, let it sit for 10 mins. and never regained the lock. Tried again with Wi-Fi off on the CGO-1, same issue.
Called HH, they suggested I visit my LHS to see if the owner will allow me to connect my camera to a brand new 350 or try a brand new CGO-1 with my 350, I don't hold much hope that the guy will open a brand new item without hope of a sale.
Anyone else having similar or a fix?

Thanks
GJS
santanig5 is offline Find More Posts by santanig5
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
Joined Feb 2012
950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santanig5 View Post
So I finally received the back ordered mount for the CGO-1 I purchased in December, installed it and went for a flight, had my 350-QX (Fmwr V2) in smart mode with GPS lock, as soon as I turned the CGO-1 I lost GPS lock, let it sit for 10 mins. and never regained the lock. Tried again with Wi-Fi off on the CGO-1, same issue.
Called HH, they suggested I visit my LHS to see if the owner will allow me to connect my camera to a brand new 350 or try a brand new CGO-1 with my 350, I don't hold much hope that the guy will open a brand new item without hope of a sale.

Thanks
GJS
Do you have any shielding on the camera?

If you have the QX have you moved the GPS antenna or is it still in the original location?

Was the camera recording at the time the GPS failed to maintain lock, or was it just turned on?
Is the camera on a gimbal or just mounted to the bottom of the quad?
midnite is offline Find More Posts by midnite
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Joined Nov 2014
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite View Post
Do you have any shielding on the camera?

If you have the QX have you moved the GPS antenna or is it still in the original location?

Was the camera recording at the time the GPS failed to maintain lock, or was it just turned on?
Is the camera on a gimbal or just mounted to the bottom of the quad?
Midnite,
Original location.
Had GPS lock, once I turn on the camera I loose it. Wi-Fi on or off makes no difference.
Camera is mounted using the new Blade mount BLH8001.

GJS
santanig5 is offline Find More Posts by santanig5
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
We Do It With FRQZ
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Aug 2009
2,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullScalePilot2 View Post
I have a V1 and thought it was done... no magic smoke though. Just wouldn't take off in any GPS assisted mode. I bought the programmer cable and down loaded the GUI. I now have it flying again on the original board.
There was smoke and Flame my friend. burnt a hole in the white body... No GUI can fix that haha.
dkintx is offline Find More Posts by dkintx
Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2013
405 Posts
True that. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkintx View Post
There was smoke and Flame my friend. burnt a hole in the white body... No GUI can fix that haha.
FullScalePilot2 is offline Find More Posts by FullScalePilot2
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM
Joined Feb 2012
950 Posts
Quote:
Midnite,
Original location.
Had GPS lock, once I turn on the camera I loose it. Wi-Fi on or off makes no difference.
Camera is mounted using the new Blade mount BLH8001.

GJS
It needs shielding.
midnite is offline Find More Posts by midnite
Old Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Springfield, VA USA
Joined Sep 2008
412 Posts
Santanig5, You may also want to install the GPS mast used on the version 3 350 QX.
AH-64 D is offline Find More Posts by AH-64 D
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
1,151 Posts
Quote:
So I finally received the back ordered mount for the CGO-1 I purchased in December, installed it and went for a flight, had my 350-QX (Fmwr V2) in smart mode with GPS lock, as soon as I turned on the CGO-1 I lost GPS lock, let it sit for 10 mins. and never regained the lock. Tried again with Wi-Fi off on the CGO-1, same issue.

Thanks
GJS
Check post 15551 for stuff on this.

Sherman Knight
Team Horizon Hobby Sailplane
duworm is offline Find More Posts by duworm
Old Today, 02:05 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jul 2013
15 Posts
Anyone try a different main board in one of these? I just put in a naze32 and the esc's won't arm anyone know why that is? the board is outputting the right signals (1000-1950ppm, 400mhz, 5.1v)
rcjunky1 is online now Find More Posts by rcjunky1
Old Today, 07:14 AM
United States, MA, Worcester
Joined Feb 2013
911 Posts
The 350 QX does not use "standard" ESCs and they will not work with other flight controllers, servo tester, etc.
ST_Bob is online now Find More Posts by ST_Bob