SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 26, 2014, 10:52 AM
United States, NC, Mars Hill
Joined Mar 2009
33 Posts
Discussion
Airfield T-34 Mentor - Modifications and Suggestions

Hi all, I'm kind of new here, new to the hobby, and a bit new on the lurker side too

A bit of background.. I used to be into RC in highschool, joined a RC club, made a foamie flying wing, etc. Got into paper modeling, and fell in love with the detailing/scratch building aspect of it, and then went to college. I've not done anything with modeling in a while.. but I did recently purchase a T-34 Mentor after a period of research and poking around about it.

In my haste for a first flight, I didn't error check enough and crashed it hard, breaking the nose off and dislodging the motor mount.

So, now while I'm waiting on getting a new fuselage for it, I've been thinking about a few mods I could do for it, and a few issues.

1. The prop shaft may be slightly bent.. how can I check that? If it is bent at all should I just get replace it?

2. I'm thinking about adding flaps to the model, it seems like floppy disk material is a suggested hinge material.. and I would use servos similar to the ones that came with the RTF, what else do I need to consider? I was planning on just error checking and setting up servo limits once I got it set up, with a new radio, but am I missing something?

Any help here would be awesome.. I'm lacking in the technical aspect of this hobby and I'd love to have someone help a bit
cmdr199212 is offline Find More Posts by cmdr199212
to remove ads between posts