HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:10 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jun 2013
11 Posts
Help!
MultiWii 328P Flight Controller w/FTDI & DSM2 Port. Help needed

heyas, Im building my first quadcopter and im running into a couple issues.the issues listed below happened after i reflashed the board im sure the more experienced builders here can help.

Help needed on the following.....

1. When i arm and test the Flight controller only two motors will work not all four. ive tried switching the motor assignments to make sure it wasn't a bad motor.

2. I seem to have lost the Roll function. at first i had Roll but now it doesn't respond at all. i have a feeling this might have something to do with the 1st issue.

Name: myquad.jpg
Views: 45
Size: 267.7 KB
Description:
FC: MultiWii 328P Flight Controller w/FTDI & DSM2 Port (hobbyking)
ESC: Turnigy Multistar 30 Amp Multi-rotor Brushless ESC 2-4S (OPTO) X3
Turnigy Multistar 30 Amp Multi-rotor Brushless ESC 2-4S X1
MOTOR: D2830-11 1000kv Brushless Motor (Turnigy) X4
RADIO: Hobby King 2.4Ghz 4Ch Tx & Rx V2 (Mode 2)

My current Firmware
notepadcopyconfigh
notepadcopydefh

any help is appreciated guys. Thanks!
new2this2013 is offline Find More Posts by new2this2013
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2014, 06:27 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Mar 2014
27 Posts
What exactly did you Change when you reflashed? did you uncoment or define anything? & check
trims on radio be shure all channels are working! they should go up & down in windows Multiwii
Conf. make sure you arm board first with no lipo hooked up, you can adjust all functons with the
radio. Probably allready know but thought i would try? Hope you figure out ive had nothing but
problems myself! TAKE CARE ! Stabilator
Stabilator is offline Find More Posts by Stabilator
Old Mar 29, 2014, 06:35 PM
Joined Mar 2014
27 Posts
Arduino Sketch

Hello i can see you have not uncomented, the 12cspeed or the internal pullups you
need to uncoment #define those for Quad x ! Not sure if that will help issue with
no roll though. Ill look through rest of your sketch.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 06:45 PM
Joined Mar 2014
27 Posts
Aruino sketch

Im sorry I see that you have 12cspeed,but it should be 400hz & the internal pullups
should be defined ,I have this same board & it is very picky to say the least! i have just
bearly been able to get it so it isnt all twichy & unstable I ended up taking posative
wire from all but one ESC ! seemed to help alot! then i have made a cover out of
tamato contianer! heh heh but it works does not jump around bad anymore!
Old Mar 29, 2014, 07:01 PM
Joined Mar 2014
27 Posts
I see 2 problems

I think i know trouble? you need to coment out a bunch of the stuff in config H , you
have a bunch of stuff not for this Quad x heli stuf etc! Coment out all but what you
need! Thats probably why does not have roll now!& you only have 4ch tx thats
enough only for basic flying just bearly enough.To use any of the other functions,
you need a 6 or preferably a 10 ch TX not a must, but you might have some trouble
with this board! becuase it uses some of the other functions, to adjust how it flys!
"however!" You should still be able to fly ,with a 4ch tx but im just not sure how well!
i have a older 6ch tx JR & it is hard to get trims to stay exacly where i put them! those
newer TX''s have digital trims so that should be better! Hope you Geter fixed!