SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:46 PM
Joined May 2009
3,430 Posts
Help!
PowerPanel Display - Strange Behavior ...

Hello,

New elogger v4 customer here. I have the elogger V4, Power Panel, and brushless RPM sensor.

I'm noticing the RPM value displayed on the Power Panel for headspeed/prop is bogus, while the value logged and graphed is correct. If I change to display motor RPM on the Power Panel it appears correct.

Century Swift 16 Helicopter, 800kV motor, 8 Poles, 12T pinion 96T main gear, 8:1 ratio - all setup in the Eagle Tree Data Recorder on my PC.

eLogger Application version 10.44
eLogger V4 Firmware version 1.21

?
FR4-Pilot is offline Find More Posts by FR4-Pilot
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Mar 18, 2013 at 06:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:23 PM
Joined May 2009
3,430 Posts
I have some more info regarding this issue on the Power Panel:

If I choose to display "RPM" (motor RPM) AND "Propeller RPM (Headspeed)" only then will Propeller RPM (Headspeed) display correctly.

And, if I choose to display "Electric Motor Current" AND "Milliamp Hours" only then will Milliamp Hours display correctly.

I'm finding that Propeller RPM and Milliamp Hours do not display correctly unless RPM and Electric Motor Current are also being displayed.

Is this normal? Can't I just display Propeller RPM (Headspeed) and Milliamp Hours without also displaying the other two? I didn't see any requirements like this in the manual ... (?)

Thanks!
-John
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Mar 10, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:59 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi John,

I do apologize - it looks like there's a bug with that with the powerpanel. I've reported that to our software developer for investigation.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:24 AM
Joined May 2009
3,430 Posts
Thank you very much for looking into this Hopefully it can be fixed by a simple firmware update.

I do have a work around:

I only need to see page 1 and want to see Pack Voltage, HeadSpeed RPMs, Cumulative Milliamp Hours, and Current Draw. Luckily, having Current Draw displayed allows the Milliamp Hours to display correctly. But, I also need to display Motor RPMs somewhere (but no more room on page 1), so I do that on page 2, and set the "change-pages" option to switch pages when a temp probe is disconnected and re-connected. Since I don't have a temp probe installed, only page 1 is displayed so that seems to work for now.

I can also let the pages cycle automatically using the 2 second setting, but I prefer the single page display, for now anyway.

Thanks again,
-John
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Mar 12, 2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 09:06 PM
Joined May 2009
3,430 Posts
Here's how my install is going so far - I built a little platform to mount it in my Swift helicopter. I can't wait until spring really gets here
Old Apr 09, 2013, 05:43 AM
Joined May 2009
3,430 Posts
mAH don't match ?

I'm really liking my eLogger & LCD PowerPanel, but I've noticed something and have to ask.

Cumulative mAH: The PowerPanel appears to report a lower cumulative mAH value than what is logged and graphed.

For example (and is typical), one of my last flights resulted in the following:

PowerPanel: 1543mAH
eLogger Data & Graph: 1609mAH

Any clue as to what's happening here?

-John
Old Apr 09, 2013, 08:14 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi John, small differences can show up due to the way the two modes process the incoming data, but that's a larger difference than I would have expected. Just to confirm, for the PC displayed readings, are you displaying only one session of data, or are multiple sessions being displayed?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 09, 2013, 09:46 PM
Joined May 2009
3,430 Posts
Single session. I had to save each session (from a multi-session capture) to disk separately, then load them, one at a time, otherwise the cumulative mAH continues from one flight to the next, at least that's what I noticed when looking at the charts.
Last edited by FR4-Pilot; Apr 10, 2013 at 06:02 PM.