HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:33 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Sep 2011
10 Posts
Does anyone know when the next batch will be shipping ....

Albie
Albie1077 is offline Find More Posts by Albie1077
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:43 PM
Rick
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2011
2,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie1077 View Post
Does anyone know when the next batch will be shipping ....

Albie
From the prior page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lud View Post
From Eagletree's site tonight

Guardian 2D/3D Inertial Stabilizer
BACKORDER. Batch 4 completely sold out! All new orders will be allocated from batch 5, which is anticipated to ship approximately January 2013

From this i assume that Eagle tree is going to fullfil it's own orders first before those of you at Hobbyking etc get a sniff of a unit. - guess I'm gonna cancel my order @ HK

case of demand absolutly outstripping supply

What was the name of that alternate supplier ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN View Post
No it means that both retail(individuals) & wholesale(companies) orders together maxed out batch 4 at the time they posted. So any RC supplier that has not presold all their allocation is open to your business.
choochoo22 is online now Find More Posts by choochoo22
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:43 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,663 Posts
I started a new thread to get input of desired feactures for< Edit> Heli version of <> the Guardian 2D/3D and to date no responce. Not sure if those interested in the Guardian only comes here or perhaps there is little to no interest. If you are interested then perhaps post in that other thread so info is easier to keep seperate.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1771363

Sorry I shold have repeated the other thread title here.

Desired functions for Heli Guardian (2D/3D?)

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Nov 19, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:57 PM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
I started a new thread to get input of desired feactures od the Guardian 2D/3D and to date no responce. Not sure if those interested in the Guardian only comes here or perhaps there is little to no interest. If you are interested then perhaps post in that other thread so info is easier to keep seperate.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1771363

Charles
Did not know it existed till now. Do you know if Eagletree monitors that thread also? I think that Bill Parry gets an email update everytime someone posts in this thread since he originally started it. Also would it be better to email the request directly? Posting your wants in a public forum will be directed towards competitors of the Guardian also - just a thought.

On a silly note. I'm currently working on an FPV airplane. It's a Parkzone T-28, and it will have a 1.2 ghz Video transmitter onboard. The plan is to fly within the boarders of a flying field. It will also have a Guardian 2D/3D onboard to assist with orientation, takeoff, and especially landing.

What I'm looking for additionally is a very simple OSD that can provide the following....

1. Aritificial Horizon - derived from the Guardian 2D/3D's accelerometer and gyros. It's done in the PC software now.
2. Individual Li-Po voltages - from two seperate packs
3. Individual Amperage used - from two packs

#1 above I'll take over the two below. The board size should be no larger than a U.S. nickel. I'm looking for simplicity. I imagine that this is a module that would plug into the Guardian - removing some of the notorious wiring associated with FPV systems.

I've researched existing OSD's, and they are overkill for the type of flying I plan on doing - aerobatics/scale dogfights. Hobbyking sells very simple OSD's that monitor voltage, but an AHI would be welcomed especially on taildraggers and aerobatics (increased situational awareness).
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Last edited by Silverexpress; Nov 19, 2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:02 PM
Rick
United States, CA, Santa Clara
Joined Mar 2011
2,016 Posts
Doesn't ET's OSD already do that? It uses a different Guardian plug-in but has stabilization available too. Spektrum and other telemetry offer pack voltage, not sure about 2 packs. I've seen stand alone telemetry with voltage and mah. But you've probably already looked at all this and it certainly won't fit on a nickle.
choochoo22 is online now Find More Posts by choochoo22
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:22 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,663 Posts
Sorry I failed to place Heli in my post above .oversite on my part I did title the other thread

Desired functions for Heli Guardian (2D/3D?)

however I guess have Guardian 2D/3D in two thread titles leads to confusion.

Quote:
Posting your wants in a public forum will be directed towards competitors of the Guardian also

Not sure how to respond other than I never post insider info and IMO posting feactures / likes / request, leads to improved products. Years ago while beta testing a ET loger I made several request to Bill based on other logers I had tested and many of these feactured were added. No manufacture seems to be aware of all of the feactures of competing units.. The way I see it as long as the it is on the market it is not insider info.

Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Nov 19, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:54 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
OK, anyone recently ordered?
Some on the list are not showing backordered:
http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/gyroLINKS.html
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:40 AM
Your customer
Berkley, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22 View Post
Doesn't ET's OSD already do that? It uses a different Guardian plug-in but has stabilization available too. Spektrum and other telemetry offer pack voltage, not sure about 2 packs. I've seen stand alone telemetry with voltage and mah. But you've probably already looked at all this and it certainly won't fit on a nickle.
This past summer I picked up an EZOSD with GPS/Voltage, and mounted it on a Witespy 450 multicopter (FPV trainer). The information provided on the screen was neat, but it did not outweigh (no pun intended) the added weight, and shortened flight time. Also, the various boards took up, well, space.

For an aerobatic plane, or even for rc dog fighting, I'm looking for something smaller, less complex, lighter, and with lower power consumption.
Silverexpress is offline Find More Posts by Silverexpress
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:37 PM
Toy Flyer
Flying Field, Work Bench
Joined Mar 2004
594 Posts
Tower shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
OK, anyone recently ordered?
Some on the list are not showing backordered:
http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/gyroLINKS.html
I just received notification that Tower shipped mine yesterday.

Fly safe, Glover
glover is offline Find More Posts by glover
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:34 AM
Gravitationally challenged
Joined Aug 2012
182 Posts
Fast lad uk had stock last I checked, good operators for international sales too
Flyindude is offline Find More Posts by Flyindude
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:52 AM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
901 Posts
no stock as of 9.52 this morning
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:01 PM
2012 NZ Speedcup - 231 MPH
New Zealand, Tasman, Richmond
Joined Mar 2006
1,957 Posts
I've had 2 or these back ordered for 2 months at Hobby King. I can't see on the EagleTree website any information about backorders - at least it's not immediately visible.

If this is monitored by EagleTree, can someone please give an update about when they expect to fulfil back orders ? Not just their own either....

Without an update it's likely customers will start cancelling back ordered items and look for alternatives.
DownUnderPilot is online now Find More Posts by DownUnderPilot
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:00 PM
United States, IN, Crown Point
Joined Nov 2011
7 Posts
I had a re-maiden of my Eflight Apprentice with the Gaurdian 2D3D and all I can say is WOW. I'm a new pilot this summer and having this installed makes me look good. (mostly).

We had great weather this last weekend and all was going well. The one thing that this will not help with is if you fly to close to a tree. Those trees will still reach out and grab you.

When the SIG LT-25 is done, there will be one going in there as well.

Thank you Eagle Tree Systems.
Spectremaster is offline Find More Posts by Spectremaster
Last edited by Spectremaster; Nov 21, 2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:58 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderPilot View Post
I've had 2 or these back ordered for 2 months at Hobby King. I can't see on the EagleTree website any information about backorders - at least it's not immediately visible.

If this is monitored by EagleTree, can someone please give an update about when they expect to fulfil back orders ? Not just their own either....

Without an update it's likely customers will start cancelling back ordered items and look for alternatives.
How many ways can this be worded?

Quote:
Guardian 2D/3D Inertial Stabilizer
BACKORDER. Batch 4 completely sold out! All new orders will be allocated from batch 5, which is anticipated to ship approximately January 2013
If the quote was taken from the ET site then sure looks like Jan.2013. They do not fill just their own ,they fill BO in the order they were placed.

Everyone who pre ordered early on has theirs those who waited for months will still have to wait.

I just went to their site and could not find any BO listing for the G3D/2D but then I only spent a few minutes there.Perhaps you have to place an order to have it show up as being on BO.

Charles.
Last edited by everydayflyer; Nov 21, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:05 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
I'd buy from hobby king any day, but I won't give them my money if the item is on backorder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderPilot View Post

m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson