SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 20, 2006, 05:59 AM
Joined Oct 2006
439 Posts
Question
N00b question; is there any difference between LiPos advertised for planes & helis?

I think this is the most stupid question I've ever asked but I want to be sure before I buy; is there any difference between LiPos advertised for 'copter use and electric planes (other than the connectors)?
I'm thinking weight wise rather than the discharge rate.

Cheers
websitedragon is offline Find More Posts by websitedragon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2006, 06:16 AM
Joined Feb 2006
960 Posts
nah just a c - rating will change. I know like the blue eflite lipo's have a 8C discharge rate and the nice ones we use for E-helis have a 15C-20C rate. And some EXTREEM lipo's have a 40C rate or sumthin crazy. I beleive this is like octane with gas. You can pull alot more power out of it with out it puffing or getting to hot.
maxpower097 is offline Find More Posts by maxpower097
Old Oct 20, 2006, 07:48 AM
Joined Oct 2006
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower097
nah just a c - rating will change. I know like the blue eflite lipo's have a 8C discharge rate and the nice ones we use for E-helis have a 15C-20C rate. And some EXTREEM lipo's have a 40C rate or sumthin crazy. I beleive this is like octane with gas. You can pull alot more power out of it with out it puffing or getting to hot.
Ah great, that's what I wanted to hear I bought an aeroplane one by accident and it has the wrong connector on it so was seeing whether I should take it back or make an adaptor. This had a 8c or 10c rate IIRC so problem solved , cheers
websitedragon is offline Find More Posts by websitedragon
Old Oct 20, 2006, 08:14 AM
Joined Feb 2006
960 Posts
A 8C or 10C will be fine on a heli just dont hard 3D it. If you have a decent solder gun you should just be able to desolder the old connections and put on yours. I just did that with a used motor yesterday.
maxpower097 is offline Find More Posts by maxpower097