SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 30, 2013, 10:38 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
No prexsisting conditions and no limits on getting insurance. Why pay at all? Just sign up when you are sick and drop it when you are not.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Apr 30, 2013, 08:26 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinG View Post
It is going to make it shared cost, not shared risk. Shared risk would allow companies to charge people more for being obese, smoking, doing drugs, etc... . Obamacare forbids all of that. The problem with this from a societal aspect was that before I could careless if my neighbor was a fat slob who chain smoked all day. There will reach a point where I am paying extra so that he can pay less and live that way. That can and will be a problem at some point. People will demand that others not be covered in those situations or that they pay more. There are countries with so called universal care who won't treat you for certain conditions if you are fat. These are things we need to be aware of going in. Those who push for these kinds of changes want to pretend that everyone will be covered with the best treatment in every situation. That just isn't correct.
It's been that way for years: My gal's office got really pissed when they found out the cost of their insurance was gonna go up because one of the employees had diabetes. This was 10 years ago.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Apr 30, 2013, 09:42 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurak3 View Post
Obamacare is going to change that, by making insurance mandatory, i.e. forced.
And this will inevitably lead to State control and regulation of other personal choices on the basis that saving money is more important than your rights to choose.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old May 01, 2013, 05:17 AM
Joined Oct 2010
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
It's been that way for years: My gal's office got really pissed when they found out the cost of their insurance was gonna go up because one of the employees had diabetes. This was 10 years ago.
Those were the good old days.

Now that Obamacare is implementing and turning into Obummercare, have all of those people "run the numbers" after considering all this:

http://www.atr.org/obamacares-tax-hi...in-wreck-a7587
Treeline is offline Find More Posts by Treeline
Old May 01, 2013, 05:34 AM
RC Newb/Gorilla Glue User
United States, OH
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeline View Post
Those were the good old days.

Now that Obamacare is implementing and turning into Obummercare, have all of those people "run the numbers" after considering all this:

http://www.atr.org/obamacares-tax-hi...in-wreck-a7587
As I've said before...the PPACA is a precision tactical strike on the Middle Class.

Thanks for the link.
WingNut64 is online now Find More Posts by WingNut64