HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
515 Posts
[QUOTE=kicekilla;24187376]ok here are some pictures of my flip. I spent about an hour tuning her up today and she is locked in pretty good now. ill probably FPV her for the first time this weekend. Take off weight with a 5000mAh 3s pack is about 1350g and flys about 10 min. the second picture shows how I have the "clean" section mounted.

I didnt realize my SDcard was full on my gopro today so no video yet, but ill post some this weekend.

NTM 2826 1200kv motors
8" gemfans
20A simonK
CC3D + bluetooth
5000mAh 3s venom lipo
gopro hero2 w/ layerlense
200mW 5,8 gHz vtx
ar8000x dsmx w/ sat.

props are all perfectly balanced, but prop mounts are a little bent up from numerous FPV carshes haha. ill get around to buying some new ones soon.

QUOTE]

Are you sure your scale is reading right ? how can you be at 1350 g with a 5000mAh 3S lipo and a Hero2 ?
My Flip weighs in at 1300g witha 2600mAh 3S battery and a hero 3 ?
something is wrong you should be heavier than that , unless they invented lighter weight batteries while I wasnt looking
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:33 PM
No you cant fly it.
United States, CA, Ridgecrest
Joined Mar 2011
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve34 View Post
Are you sure your scale is reading right ? how can you be at 1350 g with a 5000mAh 3S lipo and a Hero2 ?
My Flip weighs in at 1300g witha 2600mAh 3S battery and a hero 3 ?
something is wrong you should be heavier than that , unless they invented lighter weight batteries while I wasnt looking
no im not sure haha, im sure I was reading it right, but it is a cheap scale haha. I dont have another so i guess we wont know until I get another scale.

but I also do know that it flys 10 mins so im happy with whatever it weighs ahha
kicekilla is offline Find More Posts by kicekilla
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:45 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
For all that have helped me so far!
Got my 10" props... still on 3S.... and it flys 18x better!! SO much more confident!
Thanks for advising! From 8" to 10" is amazing.
I assume now my battery will die pretty quick... as I am still on 3S 2200mah... but my 4S 4000mah is nearly hear!
AND I got my GoPro today!!
IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS!
Quick video (From which I am going to get people crapping on me for child proximity... but... it was safer than it looks!!) uploading soon.
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:18 AM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
My new nice 10"!
10" Hover - Much Better (1 min 43 sec)
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:00 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
For all that have helped me so far!
Got my 10" props... still on 3S.... and it flys 18x better!! SO much more confident!
Thanks for advising! From 8" to 10" is amazing.
I assume now my battery will die pretty quick... as I am still on 3S 2200mah... but my 4S 4000mah is nearly hear!
AND I got my GoPro today!!
IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS!
Quick video (From which I am going to get people crapping on me for child proximity... but... it was safer than it looks!!) uploading soon.
Congrats on getting it sorted out.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:34 AM
Joined Nov 2012
148 Posts
Hi all,
Just need your opinions on the following: have been flying a FLIP Quad from Paul (Basic Flip with MWC 1.5). I love this thing but the problem is now I want more (surprisingly... as the wife says...). I was looking at a WiteSpy Quad with Mega Pro 2.0 (ACC, Baro, MAG and GPS) but would also like to go to FPV further down the line (this summer most likely).
So my questionning is at the stage where I am wondering if I should go straight to a FLIP FPV or HT FPV instead of a WS Quad.
What is the actual difference between HT FPV and FLIP FPV (apart from arms that look the same on the FLIP as FLIP FPV).
Any opinion, advice or input is, as ever, greatly appreciated.
All the best,
V
Vasidudu is offline Find More Posts by Vasidudu
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:49 AM
United States, CO
Joined Jan 2013
64 Posts
something tells me this is beyond the capabilities of my Hobbyking FC board

Quadrocopter Pole Acrobatics (2 min 1 sec)
k2spy04 is offline Find More Posts by k2spy04
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:11 PM
I love FPV!
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Not as good as the above video, but here is my first on-board footage.

First GoPro Flight on the FlipFPV (2 min 10 sec)
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:30 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
Not as good as the above video, but here is my first on-board footage.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e4vW6rorAkQ
There ya go mate. You'll be tossing and catching poles in no time!!!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:04 AM
FPV Enthusiast
New Brunswick, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasidudu View Post
What is the actual difference between HT FPV and FLIP FPV (apart from arms that look the same on the FLIP as FLIP FPV).
V
The Flip is a tiny aerobatic quad, the Flip FPV has a larger frame to hold a full FPV setup (GoPro, OSD, UHF). I've seen a Flip with a light FPV setup (security camera and transmitter only), but you'll appreciate the extra room if FPV is in the cards for you. If a light FPV setup is enough and you prefer highly aerobatic flight (and airsickness), then the smaller Flip might be for you.

The actual flight performance comes down to weight and the power system.
martinic is offline Find More Posts by martinic
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:16 PM
Team White Llama
USA, IL, Mundelein
Joined Mar 2005
1,042 Posts
I like both flips. There fun.
I'm running the tmotor ms2208 16 on the little flips. The flip fpv has rct hp2212 1000kv.
thefokker is online now Find More Posts by thefokker
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:57 AM
Joined Nov 2012
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinic View Post
The Flip is a tiny aerobatic quad, the Flip FPV has a larger frame to hold a full FPV setup (GoPro, OSD, UHF). I've seen a Flip with a light FPV setup (security camera and transmitter only), but you'll appreciate the extra room if FPV is in the cards for you. If a light FPV setup is enough and you prefer highly aerobatic flight (and airsickness), then the smaller Flip might be for you.

The actual flight performance comes down to weight and the power system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefokker View Post
I like both flips. There fun.
I'm running the tmotor ms2208 16 on the little flips. The flip fpv has rct hp2212 1000kv.
Hey guys,
Thx for the feedback.
thefokker: I can see you mounted the special plates on your FLIPS (small version); I suppose this helps to throw onboard a FPV + GoPro system?
I am (still) getting used to flying my quad but for sure LOVE it! I am on 4s as I can see a major advantage: with a 1300mah 4s, I get 8/10 mn of flight (same as 2650 3s but less weight) and furthermore, just a little bleep on the throttle and on 4s, the thing gets back up in the air in no time!
Thx again for your inputs, very much appreciated.
V
Vasidudu is offline Find More Posts by Vasidudu
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:40 PM
Canada, ON, St. Catharines
Joined Jul 2012
195 Posts
Video of my flip from today.

Not much to watch, but at 3:30 I fly under a shelter and at 6:45 I fly FPV manual for the first time.

This is also my first time using goggles!

Hoverthings Flip FPV Firemans Park (10 min 22 sec)
Keddy is offline Find More Posts by Keddy
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:05 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Nice flying and great music!
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Mar 01, 2013, 03:48 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
I had mixed results with my Hoverthings FLIP today. First of all the wind was horrible and had to cut out early and come back home. The one flight I did get in was OK but I am having some issues with vibration I need to track down. It was OK in FF, but once in a while it would just pitch back rapidly like it was going into LEVEL mode on me. My video has bad vibes on the CCD flight cam even. Needless to say I have my work cut out for me on this one. To top it off I never got a GPS lock. Another issue to sort out.
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus