HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:53 PM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
Joined Dec 2008
1,449 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Keep it PG 13, PLEASE!

Best,
Chris
Chris am waiting for the tool from hobbyking to arrive and i hope it easy like you have done in your video ! i will have a very nice stable quad with my hoverflypro board
windfou is offline Find More Posts by windfou
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:56 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
935 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
It's not bad for the price, espeically if you flash tons of ATmega8 things. I've used it quite a bit with success. It is definitely meant to be paired to the the USBASP clone they also sell (not a normal 6-pin ISP). The contact can be a bit sketchy and you don't have to push hard, just straight. If do go kind of sideways or not centered, you can sometimes short pins. The regulators usually have short circuit protection, so I haven't broken anything yet, but probably a better design would involve centering on the chip first and then landing on the pins.
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
791 Posts
Trader Rating: 71
Chris. Thank you for posting this. As i was tired of my diy tool. I bought one. Got it in today and literally flashed 50+ escs in half an hour. Awesome tool.
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,672 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash8384 View Post
Chris. Thank you for posting this. As i was tired of my diy tool. I bought one. Got it in today and literally flashed 50+ escs in half an hour. Awesome tool.
I flashed 12 of em last weekend. Worked great. But yes, the odd time something shorts and I get a bubble pop up telling me about USB "power surge." Nothing broke yet, though. Working fine.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:43 PM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
791 Posts
Trader Rating: 71
Interesting. I acually tried shorting and i get nothing. It either works or dont . If it does not then i simply twist and pretty soon i feel it go pop on the chip.
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
It's not bad for the price, espeically if you flash tons of ATmega8 things. I've used it quite a bit with success. It is definitely meant to be paired to the the USBASP clone they also sell (not a normal 6-pin ISP). The contact can be a bit sketchy and you don't have to push hard, just straight. If do go kind of sideways or not centered, you can sometimes short pins. The regulators usually have short circuit protection, so I haven't broken anything yet, but probably a better design would involve centering on the chip first and then landing on the pins.
i have 14 rctimer done so far and yes i shorted more than one and the usb kick me a sound like he disconnected so now i push the tool first on the chip so i am sure its very straight and then i plug my usb to the port
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,449 Posts
chris its funny we still use the post, so you selling the tool ? just kidding
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windfou View Post
chris its funny we still use the post, so you selling the tool ? just kidding
Haha... Good deal for you! 50 bucks!

Seriously, though, it is one cool little tool. You guys use heatshrink to recover the ESCs? I got some heatshrink the same size as original so I remove it, flash, and reshrink. Them I remove the sticker from the original covering and apply it onto the new one. The ESCs look like they were never flashed.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Haha... Good deal for you! 50 bucks!

Seriously, though, it is one cool little tool. You guys use heatshrink to recover the ESCs? I got some heatshrink the same size as original so I remove it, flash, and reshrink. Them I remove the sticker from the original covering and apply it onto the new one. The ESCs look like they were never flashed.

Best,
Chris
I use 25mm clear shrink from hobbyking fit perfect with rctimer 30
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,672 Posts
I use the black stuff. Same difference, I guess.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:40 PM
BUILD.FLY.CRASH.REPEAT.
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2012
697 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
is this, by chance, still around?
p0st4L is offline Find More Posts by p0st4L