SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:46 AM
Rusty
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
884 Posts
Help!
Model Cannon Source

Can someone please help me with a source for a cheap plastic cannon kitset or ready made about 1/72 scale. I need a heap for a kids Pirate ship project and so don't want to make my own or spend up.
For your reference I have found this so far online as an excellent looking 3D print product. Something less detailed and cheaper would be preferred.
Rusty Nail is offline Find More Posts by Rusty Nail
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:49 AM
Damp and Dizzy member
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Joined Aug 2003
3,393 Posts
Depending on the age of the kids, simple dowel cannon barrels might do the trick. Or brass tubing barrels. Carriages, if visible, could be trapazoids of wood, sliced off a long piece cut to shape. Simple parts that let the kids do their own customizing has worked for me when building for kids.

For added interest, add a spring-powered piston to a larger cannon, with short dowels for the "cannon balls". The shooting will absorb all the attention, leaving details less important. My 8 year old friend and I had tons of fun shooting similar cannons at simple clothespin soldiers, for example. You could make some boats for the pirate kids to shoot at, for instance. I can post details of the cannon, if interested.
Brooks is offline Find More Posts by Brooks
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:47 AM
SCALE Sailor
United States, MD, Severna Park
Joined Apr 2008
1,582 Posts
I have a few "24 pounders" in my parts bin from a few old 1:96 Revell Constitution/United States kits. If that'll work for you, let me know how many you need and PM me an address to mail them to.
JerryTodd is online now Find More Posts by JerryTodd
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:18 PM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
playmobil?
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member