58 Posts
Too big
REA2 is offline Find More Posts by REA2
Old Sep 06, 2011, 02:57 AM
Speed King
London Heathrow, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Feb 2003
959 Posts
ok, worth mentioning though incase it was..
MarkChinery is offline Find More Posts by MarkChinery
Old Sep 06, 2011, 05:46 AM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
would still be a nice fast plane with the right power setup nice thin wing too like a Sundowner just a little shorter in the wingspan i like it
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 18, 2011, 05:12 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
I ordered a HobbyKing Nemesis on Sunday and it was at my door yesterday (tuesday).

I downloaded the manual for the Seagull version and there are similarities and some differences. The dimensions, internal lasercut frame work and most hardware are the same. I expect from the same manufacturer (Seagull).

Overall he model is very well made and I am very happy with it. I weighed the components of the model and including a CC P125 esc and 4xstandard servos. It comes in at 1.65kg. So there is no way it will be under 2kg flying weight. My planned pack and motor with prop spiner etc will add another 600g. It might be possible to save 60-70 g by repacing the alloy wing tube with a CF tube. It is really heavy, I should have weighed it seperately.

HK have made some good improvements though over the model in the SG manual.

. Firstly the control horns appear to be a better quality.
. the control horn locations are accurately pre-drilled and screw sized are matched to surface thickness
. The engine cowl is pre cut for the side intakes and motor esc cooling should be very good to excellent.
. The wing hinges are very neat tension/tape hinges.
. The included hardware pack is of good quality
. the servo cutouts are for standard sized servos

what I dont like is the main wing servos are mounted so the servo plates are on the wing surface rather than lying flat on a plate that is screwed in flush to the surface.

this may make for a faster and easier build but a less streamlined wing for a pylon racer.

For an experienced builder, if you have the parts on hand, it should be possible to complete he model ready to fly in 8-10 hours.

my planned power set-up is the scorpion 3026-1190 swinging a 9x9 on good 4s 4000s.

I have heard that this model is a hot lander so I reall want to see if I can keep it light.

J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:44 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Too bad it's only in select warehouses, It's not avaiable to me in Canada...
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:51 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post

my planned power set-up is the scorpion 3026-1190 swinging a 9x9 on good 4s 4000s.

I have heard that this model is a hot lander so I really want to see if I can keep it light.

J
that is my same set up on a parkzone p-47 a lot smaller running a 10x10e 4s
upper 90's mph
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:27 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,315 Posts
I'm thinking of one of these on a Turnigy T600 Brushless Outrunner for 600 Heli (1100kv) http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...i_1100kv_.html 6S battery and 9x10 prop.
Should turn 20K+, 129A, pitch speed of 198mph which might get this airframe up in the 140's with some cleaning up.
Chuchuf is online now Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Oct 19, 2011, 08:30 AM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,433 Posts
o'yea i have heard good things about that set up not sure where but they where happy
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:32 AM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchuf View Post
I'm thinking of one of these on a Turnigy T600 Brushless Outrunner for 600 Heli (1100kv) http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...i_1100kv_.html 6S battery and 9x10 prop.
Should turn 20K+, 129A, pitch speed of 198mph which might get this airframe up in the 140's with some cleaning up.
That I would like to see!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:44 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
That I would like to see!
We took a Pogo last year and ran the Turnigy 500 1400KV series of this motor in it on a modded 8x8 APCe prop and went 146mph on 5S. I think this larger motor should work well in this airframe so long as I beef it up. I also abused the motor playing with props and it held up very well.
The tall gear on this airframe has got to be shortened a bit and airfoiled.

Terry
Chuchuf is online now Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Oct 19, 2011, 02:07 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
Quote:
We took a Pogo last year and ran the Turnigy 500 1400KV series of this motor in it on a modded 8x8 APCe prop and went 146mph on 5S. I think this larger motor should work well in this airframe so long as I beef it up. I also abused the motor playing with props and it held up very well.

Terry
The scorp set-up I am planning with the 3026-1190 will handle 5s......just and a decent course prop at a pitch speed around 150 mph.

An airframe clean up won't be difficult. Change the wing servo layout and slim wheels and wheel pants. Weight is my concern. I have a very short rough Tarmac field so a high wing loaded hot landing is out.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:19 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:

Terry

I'm looking for the motors you referenced in eCalc and can't seem to find them...

Turnigy 500 1400kV...?
Turnigy T600 1100kV...?

Could you be more specific in actual model numbers? Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:23 PM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
The scorp set-up I am planning with the 3026-1190 will handle 5s......just and a decent course prop at a pitch speed around 150 mph.

An airframe clean up won't be difficult. Change the wing servo layout and slim wheels and wheel pants. Weight is my concern. I have a very short rough Tarmac field so a high wing loaded hot landing is out.
Jay I just ran that Scorpion through eCal and it doesn't seem well suited for a 5s system, swinging a 8x8 prop... It handles a 4s fine but only gives a 127mph pitch speed..... Am I missing something
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:23 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
I can tell you guys with 100% certainty that our Nemesis is not Seagull, or a copy of.....thought I would just clear that up.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello