SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 29, 2014, 03:55 AM
Joined Jul 2014
62 Posts
Discussion
X10 LED blinking

I have a X10 that is blinking its LED once a while but not at any specific intervals. Is this normal or is there something wrong. I use it with a Nano 2 and don't see the Nano blinking.

Also, I saw the comment of binding the Nano with the specific amount of channels already set in the transmitter. Does that apply for the Taranis as well? I did some testing and don't see any difference.
Kid45 is offline Find More Posts by Kid45
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2014, 12:48 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
When the LED blinks, it indicates a loss of a single packet of data. This is normal when the transmitter is too close to the receiver. Moving the transmitter away from the receiver should solve this.

You can NEVER change the number of channels being used after binding, no matter which transmitter is used. So, if you add or remove channels from an EVO, Taranis, Graupner, or other transmitters that have this capability, then you MUST rebind the receiver with the new transmitter settings.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2014, 01:01 PM
Joined Jul 2014
62 Posts
So I assume it is only the X10 that will blink, not the Nano, I never saw a Nano doing it. Just for interest sake, why does this happen. This is at about 3 to 4 feet distance between the 2. The Taranis report telemetry lost at about 40 inches.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 02:16 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,938 Posts
Correct, the Nano will not blink. If the receiver is too close to the transmitter the RF front-end can become swamped and you will lose packets. If you place the Tx antenna right on the Nano, it can go into failsafe. This is normal with a highly sensitive receiver. It requires 4 times the power to double the effective range. So, if you see a blink at 4 feet away, you would need 400mw (instead of 100mw) to cause the same blinking 8 feet away (double the distance). It would require thousands of watts of power to cause intermittent packet loss in normal flight. You would be dead long before you had a problem flying your plane - you would have been cooked from the inside out.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2014, 02:24 PM
Joined Jul 2014
62 Posts
Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:19 AM
Joined Jul 2014
62 Posts
Now that I think about it, both the Taranis and XPS receivers worked from about 12 inches when I tested both together. It was only the telemetry from the taranis that was lost. Not that it matter, just info.