SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 06, 2014, 11:37 AM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
4,145 Posts
Camroy:
Hold mode is only used to perform moves like hovers and harriers.

Then it would be right to say the Cortex has a 3-D mode.
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2014, 12:50 PM
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
2,035 Posts
3D is more than just hovering and harriers and since the hold mode can only be used for moves like this and rate mode is used for all other flying, such as hovers, harriers, knife edge, spins, etc. One can't call both modes"3D" mode
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2014, 01:38 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Mar 2004
1,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camoy View Post
3D is more than just hovering and harriers and since the hold mode can only be used for moves like this and rate mode is used for all other flying, such as hovers, harriers, knife edge, spins, etc. One can't call both modes"3D" mode

So, if I understand you correctly if you toggle the Cortex to what they call hover or harrier mode. Are you saying you never have to touch the joysticks and only use throttle management to maintain the attitude of the plane.
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
Old Jul 06, 2014, 05:20 PM
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
2,035 Posts
Yes that is what hold mode can do.

Google Joe Smith and Cortex. He demonstrates a no hand hover with the Cortex in hold mode.
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2014, 05:41 PM
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it View Post
I have three Guardians, tried the AS3X, have a few of the HK oranges, I used Futaba GY351 and GY 352 on planes. I have never had a chance to try the Cortex. But out of all the gyros for planes I have standardized on the Hobby Eagle A3SUPER It is easy to program, fly's much better then any the above IMHO and only cost $60 to $70 dollars. Plus has a self level mode along with heading hold and rate mode and OFF Plus a MASTER GAIN SETTING from the Tx from 0% to 100%. Adjusting the gain from the Tx is a great benefit when flying in strong winds or no winds or at 50mph or at 150mph. The Futaba GY 352 was like $350 10 years ago but now they would have a hard time of getting $50 out of it. Technology does prevail.
For example--My DJI controller in my hexa copters cost $1,200 three years ago and now are $900. But some of the $300 copies of the DJI that I have tried fly just as good if not better.
So back to the Cortex, does some one have a list of all the features and benefits of the Cortex gyro system comparing it to other Gyro systems on the market.

I agree the Hobby Eagle A3SUPER is the best one for the buck, i have tried 4 different gyros and have found the easiest and best is the A3Super. I am reequipping my whole fleet with these gyro's here is web site

http://www.hobbyeagle.com/a3super/?lang=en
Sovrin is online now Find More Posts by Sovrin
Old Sep 24, 2014, 05:23 PM
who dares wins
London,England
Joined Apr 2005
1,853 Posts
I've installed a Cortex in my Habu 32 and it feels great.
Just a quick note in case users don't know.. The Cortex can also be used for stabilising the steering when the steering is on it's own channel.
I'm set up with 8 channels. Four are through the Cortex; ailerons on Y, elevators on Y, rudder, and steering.
I fly from grass which is a bit bumpy. My Habu 32 now tracks arrow straight on the ground.
(Steering is disabled via a mix when retracts are up)
like2fly! is online now Find More Posts by like2fly!
Last edited by like2fly!; Sep 25, 2014 at 07:38 AM.