SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
New Product
Decent Devil

I am trying tofind some detailed info on the Decent Devil 450 Sikorsky X2
This heli looks like a great concept and we would finally have a hobby grade 450 size co axial. However when it comes to finding detailed and accurate info I'm not having much luck. The only site I can find is Lightinthebox.com which has some great pics but when it comes to detailed info like how is the tail propeller operated , installed or is it an option its just not there. Things like replacement blades, upgrades a web site to order from. What does PNP mean?
Does anyone own one of these bad birds ? How does it perform ? Is it made as well as it looks ? Is battery included ? Any and all help would be gratly appreciated
retromark1 is offline Find More Posts by retromark1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:30 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Mar 2009
383 Posts
There is a video about it on YouTube. It must be a new heli, not available for sale yet.

PnP (plug and play) means you will need a receiver and your own radio.

Looks like a pretty cool heli.
JDFiend is offline Find More Posts by JDFiend
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:41 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,248 Posts
The Decent Devil line of coaxs came out some time ago, there is an old thread on it here ...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=flyme

Originally they were sold by RCinthebox and they had the full range of parts, however, not many sales and rcinthebox disappeared from the web.
The Lightinthebox site has the remaining stock of helis, but not the parts, especially the all important blades which were carbon fibre and longer than any other coax blades. Without availability of that one crucial part, buying any of the helis would be a waste of money.
Shame really, if the price had been a bit lower they might have caught on.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Decent Devil

Wow It all makes totl sense now. The answers to my parts questions was vauge because they had no parts to sell. They are just trying to unload the remaining inventory of their helis.
That really sucks. I thought it had the potential of being a great co axila heli that would finally fill the size and grade of co axials.
Man thank you so much ! You save me a bundle of cash and a lot of aggrevation and disapointment. Mark
retromark1 is offline Find More Posts by retromark1
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:21 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,248 Posts
You're welcome.
Don't know if you read all of that thread, but it sums up all we ever knew about them. It's unfortunate that companies which try to bring something a bit better than the usual coax rubbish, end up failing because of high price and proprietary blades that can't be obtained or substituted.
Meanwhile, the real junk stuff (like double horse, syma and a horde of nondescript brands) keeps getting sold simply because of price.
Anyway, coax is a fading format, the stabilised single rotor helis and multicopters (quads) have taken over now, but coax is fine for those who enjoy flying them.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:52 AM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,060 Posts
Is anyone flying one of these? I noticed a few videos on YouTube from 2012. None of them had the powered tail motor, just the dummy.

I see they are for sale for $299 BNF. Just wondering what happened to seeing this flying out there?
JHawk19 is online now Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:26 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,007 Posts
you are talking about rc aerodyne, right?
I called there sometime last year - but they would not have the working tail kit ... or the double swash for that matter ...

... maybe this changed ... but I doubt it ...

was a great heli ... well, still IS if you hold one in your hands I guess (and was kind of a dream of me ... but will most likely remain exactly that ... ...)

sad thing is, the coax market is basically truly dead ... even IF there would be quite a few really exciting things to do/projects to tackle ... but sadly, all people "ARE" about today is quads ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:51 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,248 Posts
You can still get the helis in ARF or RTF, also the parts, e.g. the double swash and the motorised tail for the X-2, from Skyrush in Europe.
However, prices are typically European.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 07:17 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
You can still get the helis in ARF or RTF, also the parts, e.g. the double swash and the motorised tail for the X-2, from Skyrush in Europe.
However, prices are typically European.
well, prices in europe usually are listed including VAT (and in many cases the seller will not be [willing??? or] able to take it off
In Germany VAT is 19% (or maybe it is already 20 by now, that was the last I heard they are planning to do).
Also a disadvantage for Americans who consider buying there (in addition) is the currency exchange rate, which atm still is in favor of the european seller ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Oct 22, 2014, 07:34 AM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,060 Posts
Total price for RTF with brushless tail and dual swash...531.98 EUR or $675.32 - HOLY!

Plus the RTF shows as a pre-order. It's not in stock.

http://www.skyrush.eu/D/productdetai...korsky-X2-(RTF)

Looks fast with the tail motor drive!

Sikorsky X2 - testing tail motor autogyro (5 min 41 sec)
JHawk19 is online now Find More Posts by JHawk19
Last edited by JHawk19; Oct 22, 2014 at 07:52 AM.