SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:29 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post
I don't have that much LIFE left to find it on my own.

RICK
You need a bit more optimism than that my friend

We'll see what we can do

God Bless Ya Rick,

Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:33 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
While being stuck indoors today I went over the THR/PIT curves for the Vision after installing he new paddles. The only thing so far about the paddles I really don't care for is that they cut the threads on install with no locking screw(I could use glue) but that caused me to thread them on more than the stock ones which shortened up the flybar by almost 80mm total.

Heres some specs : Stock paddles 16g each
KBDD 30/50 paddles 12g each
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:35 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
DX-7 programming for Blade SR

Quote:
lissen up EVERYBODY !
RICK (soon to be the "dearly departed")
Rick,

Your thinking like an OLD PHART again.. STOP IT, or I'll have to come out there and kick you "Behind" for sure. Remember, I'm the Ghetto boy. Lol!

We WILL find some setting for ya. Barrrick Bar None! Be patient my friend.

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:47 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
KBDD paddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
While being stuck indoors today I went over the THR/PIT curves for the Vision after installing he new paddles. The only thing so far about the paddles I really don't care for is that they cut the threads on install with no locking screw(I could use glue) but that caused me to thread them on more than the stock ones which shortened up the flybar by almost 80mm total.

Heres some specs : Stock paddles 16g each
KBDD 30/50 paddles 12g each
Kyle,

I've been stuck indoors for sometime now, and don't have a job. LOL!

YIKES! 80mm shorter, that's like 3 inches.....or there abouts.

As you know, with a shorter flybar, you'll have alot more cyclic response.

If that is a concern to you, you have a few options. See if there is a longer flybar rod available. Add flybar weights. Last but not least, make your own flybar.

You can use Piano Wire from the LHS, just measure the O.D. and either have it threaded or thread it yourself. Dies are available, but for a one time shot, a little pricey. Just food for thought.

Dave
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:51 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
Im not worried bout it plus making a flybar is not easily done ElyQ uses a floating flybar design very neat stuff
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:52 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
lissen up EVERYBODY !

GENERAL QUARTERS ::::::::
I am MOBILIZING each one of you : TO FIND, FOR ME, the "complete" programming guide to set up my DX-7 to operate the BLADE SR

I am already looking in a THREAD specialized in this, but the search is long. I don't have that much LIFE left to find it on my own.

RICK (soon to be the "dearly departed")
Dave's the man...he can dig the most obscure information up like I've never seen.

How old is your mom? Dude...yer gonna hang around till yer 117yo. You might FEEL "soon to be dearly departed"....but you aint going no place jack....
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:54 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Kyle,
I can't tell ya anything about what you have going on.... but might I say,
She sure looks good.

Pardon my French but I just looked at your picture again and said out loud, mind you no one else is home,
"That is so Bad A$$"
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Mar 15, 2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: A picture worth a few dirty words;-)
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:06 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Im not worried bout it plus making a flybar is not easily done ElyQ uses a floating flybar design very neat stuff
Kyle,

I never noticed the ElyQ floating flybar. (Duh) It's been around for sometime and works wonders.

Dave
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:13 PM
Advanced Heli Collector
USA, IL, Carol Stream
Joined Jan 2009
2,044 Posts
A repost from the BSR thread....

Quote:
After binding to my DX7, I decided to raise the swash to get the pitch to zero at mid stick. It took three turns out on the three swash linkage rods and a turn in on the blade pitch links and I got zero pitch. Due to the design of the head, the closest I could get to equal pos and neg pitch was +10 and -9. This is good enough for me. I set cyclic pitch to 7 degrees. My settings are:

Swash mix
AILE -68
ELEV -68
PIT -25

AILE and RUDD are reversed.

The ESC turns out to be non programmable from what I can tell. I tried to set throttle range but just got warning beeps from the ESC and no programming tones. This is just like the Blade 400 ESC. I set throttle up to 0-80-90 for F0, 100-90-100 for F1 and 100 flat for F2. There was no difference in RPMs in any flight mode. I also found this to be the same on the Blade 400. On the B400 I ended up adjusting down the high throttle channel end point till it decreased head speed to set throttle range. I will have to do that tomorrow.

I decided to remove the flybar weights and see how it felt. Collective pitch still seemed a bit weak so I turned up the pitch swash mix from -25 to -30 and that gave it a bit more pop. Tomorrow I will get it out in a bigger area where I can actually fly and feel it out.
I got a chance to measure the added pitch which ended up at +11 -10

I tweaked it in some more after I got a chance to fly it. I ended up with raising the AIL and ELE swash mix to -80.
9sec240 is offline Find More Posts by 9sec240
Last edited by 9sec240; Mar 15, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:17 PM
46u
Macon, GA USA
Joined Mar 2010
123 Posts
I got a replay from Horizon Hobbies about the E-flite batteries for the MCX and MSR.
Andrew at HH hobby said the battery could last 20 flights or 100 flights and there is not a set life expectancy. I do not care if the ones on eBay give you a minute less flying time I will never buy another E-flite battery!!!!!!!!! I wish I had saved the email, as it was not very professional. I have bought 7 E-flite helicopters and many spares in the past 2 months and I sure as heck will not buy another.
46u is offline Find More Posts by 46u
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:30 PM
Luvin' Life
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Jeff,
I'm sending a PM

Look for the alert on the upper right on the screen.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:08 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
t'was just a wee bit of funereal levity
to lighten up the evening.
yes, indeed, my sense of humour is
startlingly different.
even IF I had a programming list
in my sweaty palm
I would not know how to apply it
but YOU KNEW that.

pay no attention :-P
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Mar 16, 2010, 03:16 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2006
8 Posts
I'll follow the BOB's just about anywhere....
lookyj is offline Find More Posts by lookyj
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:42 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46u View Post
I got a replay from Horizon Hobbies about the E-flite batteries for the MCX and MSR.
Andrew at HH hobby said the battery could last 20 flights or 100 flights and there is not a set life expectancy. I do not care if the ones on eBay give you a minute less flying time I will never buy another E-flite battery!!!!!!!!! I wish I had saved the email, as it was not very professional. I have bought 7 E-flite helicopters and many spares in the past 2 months and I sure as heck will not buy another.
Sorry about your HH troubles, looks like your on Vic's bandwagon now
Old Mar 16, 2010, 07:48 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Jeremy made it!!! Did you and JPEE get together yet this week?

Jeff- HH is usualy excelent with their customer service. I'd maybe call again and hope for a different rep.

Kyle-Are you going to be doing the maiden soon?

Super weather is forecast the next 5 days here. I WILL find a few minutes to relax and enjoy so air time.
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Last edited by Wnuk; Mar 16, 2010 at 07:48 AM. Reason: spelling