30 Posts
Discussion
hobbyking stinger 64 v2 !!!!

hey guys,
hobbyking just launched stinger 64 v2

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._EPO_PNF_.html

looks pretty cool.
skyboss_123 is offline Find More Posts by skyboss_123
Last edited by skyboss_123; Mar 09, 2013 at 03:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2013, 02:34 AM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
2,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboss_123 View Post
hey guys,
hobbyking just launched stinger 64 v2

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__275
[URL="http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__27571__
Stinger_64_MK2_4S_EDF_Sport_Jet_700mm_EPO _PNF_.html"]
looks pretty cool.
Here is a link that works!!
Here:-http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._EPO_PNF_.html

LURCH
taz101 is online now Find More Posts by taz101
Last edited by taz101; Apr 08, 2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 03:39 AM
Joined Jan 2013
30 Posts
changed the link, sorry
skyboss_123 is offline Find More Posts by skyboss_123
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:28 PM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
ok has anyone got hold of the V2 yet?
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2013, 03:02 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,402 Posts
Stinger Mk 2

Got mine today, here are some photo's:

Name: photo.jpg
Views: 253
Size: 155.7 KB
Description: well protectedName: Packing Box.jpg
Views: 291
Size: 152.3 KB
Description: Name: Stinger.jpg
Views: 358
Size: 177.6 KB
Description: ColourfulName: Stinger Rough look.jpg
Views: 363
Size: 183.9 KB
Description: where is my sunniesName: Static Test 2.jpg
Views: 480
Size: 306.5 KB
Description: With 1800mah 4s 40-50cName: Static Test 1.jpg
Views: 453
Size: 304.8 KB
Description: With 1800mah 4s 40-50c

The Stinger was well packed and was shipped out very quick "well done Stuart and Gang"

It will be interesting to compare it with my other Red Stinger as I am running 3s with a 4800kv motor which puts out 494 watts and 39.4 amp static @ wot, as you can see the new one has a little more kick but is carrying a little more weight so it wil be interesting, other than that I expect it to be not much different, but i could be wrong.

Shaun,
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:06 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
the Stinger is AWESOME on 4S. wouldn't have mine any other way and I love the extra weight. she flies much more positively than with the lighter, 3S setup. landings are a little faster, but you can bring it down to almost 3S pace with a bit of practice.

of course, I'm using the Don's Wicked setup with mine, so not sure what the stock 4S setup will be like. I've seen a video of the stock 4S MK2 and it doesn't look as fast as the Don's powered version.

I'm wondering if the internals are any different than the "original" Stinger and if it's worth buying because of that. in other words, does a 4S pack fit any better/further hack, or do I have to gut it like the original, so that I can get the CG back a bit more.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:06 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
love the mix of colours on the MK2, by the way. they should be very visible.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:28 AM
Love the Stinger 64
United States, WY, Cheyenne
Joined Jun 2011
60 Posts
Banjofrog,
I am eager to read your comparisson between V1 and V2. I would really love to see some video if you happen to get one. I am planning on purchassing one myself as soon as it comes available at the US warehouse. I have attempted a 4S setup on my V1 but had little success so I am eager to see how this plane performs. Also I am curiouse about the ESC it seem like it is to small of amperage. So am eager to read everyones thoughts on that as well. Good luck and am eager to read some reviews on this cool plane
Fishbonez5670 is offline Find More Posts by Fishbonez5670
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:35 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,391 Posts
When will a plain jane kit version be available ? No colours, no decals - leave that for us 'artists' !

Apologies to others - but I do not like the Carnival scheme it has now ... and at end of day - you pay for that ...

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Mar 23, 2013, 07:21 AM
Geez That's A Big Fly
Australia, WA, Parkerville
Joined Sep 2011
1,402 Posts
I maiden mine yesterday and it flew fantastic, I used a 1800mah 4s 40c and got 5min flight, which did not stress the battery. The speed it not too bad at all for a stock unit and the fan and motor was well balanced. As for the colour not so sure it is any easier to see than the red and white version, but it was cloudy. For me out of the box I give it 5/5 an excellent first EDF and if you need more speed it is easy to up grade. The fit and finish are excellent and the colour scheme seems to be a bit more resilient.

All in all for me she goes fast enough and I think it does not wag it's tail as much as my 3s.

Shaun,
Banjofrog is offline Find More Posts by Banjofrog
Old Mar 26, 2013, 09:55 PM
Joined Jul 2008
71 Posts
I just received the PNP version in the mail. Glad to hear it flies great. I'm also planning on 4S 1800mAh, though strangely the manual and box reflects a 3S setup...

Hand-launch is straight-forward? Or there's some trick to it? ... Wouldn't want to ding the pointy nose on its first flight.

Also is it advisable to further secure the EDF unit by gluing it in (which would make upgrades more tricky later on), or just leave it as it is, secured by just the slot in the foam fuselage?
foxkilo is offline Find More Posts by foxkilo
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:30 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
so, where does the 4S pack fit in relation to the 3S pack in the V1? just wondering what the difference are, if any? if there aren't any, where does the plane CG at. if everything else is the same, the CG shouldn't change at all, in comparison to the V1, but battery placement is key. I had to remove a lot of material in the V1 to get the nattery far enough back to plane to balance. this also including hogging out enough material to move the fan back by 2 1/2 inches and also enough material to add a thrust tube with 85% exhaust outlet. I also found that to make this plane perform really well, the pack must be a minimum of 2200mAh and 65C. of course, I also used the Don's wicked 4S setup, which really screams.

Fishbone. if you want your Stinger V1 to perform, let me know what you did and I will help you to get yours flying well. it can be done and you won't need the V2, unless of course the V2 is significantly better or different, making it worth buying.

Rich
Old Mar 28, 2013, 07:56 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Mar 2012
171 Posts
Ordered mine tonight...First jet, super excited.
Ravio11i is offline Find More Posts by Ravio11i
Old Mar 28, 2013, 08:08 PM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Ordered my Stinger 64 V2 yesterday after giving up waiting for to be in stock in the Aussie warehouse, so I have to wait for it to come from China. Should have by next Wednesday fingers crossed. Cant wait as I have managed to lose my V1.
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:48 PM
Joined Jul 2008
71 Posts
Maidened my Stinger v2... absolutely fantastic! Glides well without power and no nasty tip stall tendencies. Mine came out of the box pretty much trimmed already and didn't need too many adjustments.

Hand-launch is no problem on 4S (feels like it might also be able to fly well on 3S, but that's another test for the next weekend!)... at first appeared sluggish but the speed is amazing at full throttle. It doesn't pick up speed instantly when the throttle is maxed out, but seemingly 1-2 seconds later it is blisteringly fast. I guess the fan unit needs a certain level of speed before the airflow rate is just nice to bring out its full performance.

CG with 4S 1800mAh pack is around 70-75mm, from the leading edge of the wing joint. This is a bit aft compared to the 60-70mm published in the manual, but it still flew well. I think CG is okay as long as it is anywhere in the region of the two recesses (grip for hand-launching) molded on the underside of the wing.
foxkilo is offline Find More Posts by foxkilo