SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 28, 2013, 03:42 PM
Go fast, pull up.
United States, NY, Clarence Center
Joined Nov 2008
1,701 Posts
for the X and Y axis, I just used my fingers to estimate the location and that worked well. For Z, You hold the hex on its side (holding the arms) and try to find the spot on the arms for CG. There are videos online if you do a quick search. It doesn't have to be perfect but it does have to be close.
Fidelity101 is offline Find More Posts by Fidelity101
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2013, 04:09 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelity101 View Post
for the X and Y axis, I just used my fingers to estimate the location and that worked well. For Z, You hold the hex on its side (holding the arms) and try to find the spot on the arms for CG. There are videos online if you do a quick search. It doesn't have to be perfect but it does have to be close.
I am close but not exact yet. When I switch into GPS mode I still sink to the rear. I finally had the nerve to let the quad RTH a number of times now and it is finally working well. Landing is still a bit bouncy but it is getting within 15' of the take off point.
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:48 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jan 2013
1,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
I wonder if the bouncing issue is caused by sea level. How far above sea level is the field you fly in? Does that matter? And last but not least how about adjusting the measurement that tells the Naza how high the GPS unit is. I think everyone is saying -10 mm. Try adjusting that measurement , in small increments. I think the y axis is the measurement that deals with the height of the gps right?

I agree take some measurements and adjust the height setting for the position of the GPS in the program. I think it bounces because its not sure it has touched down?
hoggdoc is offline Find More Posts by hoggdoc
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:04 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,701 Posts
Guys get a metric ruler or borrow one from your kids. Using your fingers, really! Yes there are some great videos and pictures on the internet to show you how to set your COG. Just do it in ready to fly configuration, battery, lipo, gimbal, camera, etc,
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:21 PM
Go fast, pull up.
United States, NY, Clarence Center
Joined Nov 2008
1,701 Posts
I'm using my fingers to find CG...not sure how you can use a ruler to do that.?.

Anyway, it may not be perfect, but it quickly indicated that my battery was causing my CG to be slightly to the left...so a quick battery move put CG directly over the naza unit, which stoppedy TBE.
Fidelity101 is offline Find More Posts by Fidelity101
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2013, 07:22 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,701 Posts
Fidelity101,

Like anything there is the preferred way and the whatever works for you way. I am glad that you got rid of your TBE.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Dec 24, 2013, 08:17 AM
South Africa, GP, Centurion
Joined Dec 2013
1 Posts
Thanks very much for this thread. A real help to read.
SAwanderer is offline Find More Posts by SAwanderer