HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2012, 10:24 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback View Post
Each post of this request was meant to target buyers of models from 3DHS that may like most have more then one model from that vendor as many here and do not use the classified adds this seem to be the only way to reach the buyers of this brand. A little dog not mine ruined my wing and I have not gotten a response from 3DHS since 10/9 about getting a new wing, as the wing is the only part that is damaged I am searching for a replacement
I need the starboard main wing for a 3dhobbyshop 48" EPP Extra 330, if you have one I am in the market, please send me a PM
Spamming ALL the 3DHS threads really not low keyed or laid back IMO.

They don't sell the wings as spare parts. I didn't look that closely at the pics...but I'm not seeing a whole lot of damage.

For the group, my 48 should be delivered today. Can't wait. Keeping the plane out of dog reach to.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:58 AM
Custom Crasher
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2010
768 Posts
if it flew correctly after the repair I would not be posting for a new wing
lowkeylaidback is offline Find More Posts by lowkeylaidback
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:02 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
How did it fly badly, then?

Has nobody yet made the joke that this plane lost the dogfight?
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:07 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,213 Posts
How about just buy a new airframe, use the wing, and keep the rest of the parts for the next dog attack?
AeroKen is offline Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor996 View Post
How did it fly badly, then?

Has nobody yet made the joke that this plane lost the dogfight?
You be the first! Dog goneit!

But really damage inside the wing that isn't structureal isn't a big deal. If the outside is smooth, no problem.

Looking at my just arrived extra, I could take a bite out of that section and leave it out and it would probably still fly fine.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 12:16 PM
lowkeylaidback
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Flatulence).
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Love how fast these things go together. maybe 90 minutes on it last night with seeing Looper and catching up on the debate.

Is the consensus that yall mount the esc in that bottom open area? I think I did this with the 40 Edge(RIP). As is I could have it flying in less than an hour I bet.

Can't wait.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:04 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Love how fast these things go together. maybe 90 minutes on it last night with seeing Looper and catching up on the debate.

Is the consensus that yall mount the esc in that bottom open area? I think I did this with the 40 Edge(RIP). As is I could have it flying in less than an hour I bet.

Can't wait.
What electronics are you going with?
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
What electronics are you going with?
leftover from other planes and the 40 edge, 65hb, 130g, 50 amp cheapo esc(I have a turnigy 60a ii might use, may install a ubec). Orange Rx. 14x7.

The motor I had for the 40 would have to small I think. An old turnigy black sk 35-30.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:47 PM
Mr. Foam, Tape, and Carbon
Joined Feb 2011
292 Posts
Mine flew like junk while it was new! It is EPP and therefore flops around quite a bit. Nothing I can do about that, nor anybody for that matter.
Don't expect it to come back as the same after a repair, but it will always be flyable, and there is so much weirdness about it that it doesn't really matter too much.

Chris G.
RCvehicleGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCvehicleGuy
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:51 PM
Mr. Foam, Tape, and Carbon
Joined Feb 2011
292 Posts
Quote:

Can't wait.
What I had done is cut the little square of plastic away from the metal heatsink on my esc then placed it in the spot you speak of. She only gets luke warm after a hard 3D session. Lots of bursting and ups and downs with the throttle. Rollers and the lot!

Chris G.
RCvehicleGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCvehicleGuy
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Well I missed flying everything today. Should have taken the 87 to work to fly after work...thought the wind would be 16+ like yesterday. Itwas 6. Got home and finished the 48 10 minutes to late. Actually taxied down the driveway but wisely decided not to hit it. Battery wasn't charged fully either.

so tomottow morning before work to maiden. Might be fun flying it with some 1550, 1750, 1600's and maybe a 2200.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Well I missed flying everything today. Should have taken the 87 to work to fly after work...thought the wind would be 16+ like yesterday. Itwas 6. Got home and finished the 48 10 minutes to late. Actually taxied down the driveway but wisely decided not to hit it. Battery wasn't charged fully either.

so tomottow morning before work to maiden. Might be fun flying it with some 1550, 1750, 1600's and maybe a 2200.
I know, today was perfect and I had to work, there was negative wind today!
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:40 AM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,493 Posts
Quote:

Can't wait.
hmm yours is nice and clean. mine has mud/grass stains all over it. broke the firewall 4 times and fixed it 4 times and just ripped the rudder off sunday in an inverted landing. HAVE FUN WITH IT!
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:58 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
hmm yours is nice and clean. mine has mud/grass stains all over it. broke the firewall 4 times and fixed it 4 times and just ripped the rudder off sunday in an inverted landing. HAVE FUN WITH IT!
It'll get that way I'm sure. No maiden this morning...heavy fog.. I'm bummed.

So on the wings...how many rubber bands? I was carrying it out to the garage in my normal fashion by holding it by the wings leading edge(one hand). And the wing slipped out by the rest of the weight(with battery). I think I had 2 doubled up and 1 triple wrapped.